Prologue

"Never tell all you know...not even to the person you know the best."

                             --- Agatha Christie

"Micky, open the door, please...Or else I will die."

Manik leisurely lights the cigarette and puffs some rings. The yell coming from the other side of the closed door abruptly stops. Some moments of silence linger in the air and suddenly a spine-chilling scream shatters the tranquillity of the night.

"Aaaaaaaaa......"

...........................................

"Navya, Di can't commit suicide. I will never believe this. Because she sent a message to me a day before her death. In that, she wrote that she is in love. How could a person commit suicide when she was so happy just a day before?

Nandini's voice chokes. Navya rubs her back to console her and asks eagerly,

"Did she tell whom she loves? Name or any photo?"

"That's the problem. That was a one-line message. She never told his name or sent any picture. Navya I think we should go to Motel Mount to find out the truth."

Nandini sounds desperate.

...............................................

"Hello, Ms Murthy. I hope you liked my performance. I am Manik. Manik Malhotra. But here I am famous by my nickname...Micky."

Nandini places her curious eyes on him.

"So, you are the star singer and guitarist of this famous Motel Mount. Nice to meet you."

.................................................

"Micky, I have always considered you as my son. But this time I am helpless. All circumstantial evidence is going against you. Now, there is only one way to save you. Leave this place...this city and even this country. Yes, despite being the mayor of this city, I am advising you this illegal way."

Mayor Rudra Raychaudhury sounds cynical.

................................................

"I can't reveal much, Ms Murthy but when we found her dead body just below the balcony of the Motel, a piece of cloth was there in her fist."

The inspector reveals. Nandini inhales sharply and asks in a hopeful tone,

"Can I see the piece of that cloth? Maybe I can help you with the investigation. I am a crime journalist. You can trust my secrecy."

Author's note: So, this is the prologue of the story. Hopefully, it is mysterious and thrilling enough to keep you all hooked. Very soon the character sketch and the context will be published.

Love

Suk

mahaenterprisesCharmed_Sunshine_22infinity-Mananlotusforeverdramaqueen_NaharNandiniberaChinmayiRaoCharuPournamiSharmaMehak082004Ishumanan

Sorry to disturb you all🙈🙈

PournuThe_Reminiscent96A_Girl_Lost_In_World