Chapter 6 -"Passion or panic...?"

"It's insane Cabir. She came here just to propose to me. Can you imagine how kiddish is this that she didn't even know my actual name and got attracted by watching mere a video of my performance?"

Manik shows his resentment. Cabir is shaving while chuckling in reply.

"You should be happy, Dude. You always relish girls' attention. What happened now?"

He casually asks when slides the razor along his jawbone. Manik nears him with an exasperated expression.

"You are not understanding, Man. She is behaving a bit obsessed. I tried to convince her but she is not listening to any logic. Do you know what she said at last?"

Manik mouths with impatience and demands Cabir's attention. However, he doesn't get much-anticipated eagerness. Cabir mutters uninterestedly,

"What? Did she threaten you to kill?"

"Kind of but not me. She threatened me with killing herself. Shit, Man...this is really going too far. I even made her settle in RR's house. Now, how can I say them to get her out of their place? But I want her to leave this place as soon as possible. She is stalking me everywhere, Dude. Today she knelt amidst the marketplace and offered me a rose. Can you imagine? Even a boy thinks twice to be so cheesy."

Manik seems really flustered. Cabir can't control his laughter anymore.

"I can visualise the scene, Buddy....ha...ha...and your expression too. But believe me; she is not going to commit suicide or anything because of her unfulfilled love. She is just infatuated with you. Gradually all will fade out. Don't say anything to RR or Dorothy. It will be embarrassing for them too. Give this situation a little time. All will be normalised. And this is not a new situation for you. Do you forget about Rose? Your perennial and permanent obsessed lover...ha...ha...today, there is your performance with her...Be prepared."

Cabir tries to normalise Manik's piqued state. It works a bit. Manik looks at the mirror and observes himself minutely. Suddenly he chuckles and sings in a nonchalant manner,

"Tere chehre se nazar nehin hatati (I can't keep my eyes off your face)

Nazare hum kya dekhe.." (Forget looking at other sceneries)

Cabir rolls his eyes at his best friend. Manik and long-term seriousness is a pole-apart thing. Self-obsessed moron. He thought.

..............................................

Dorothy and Rudra Raychaudury are sitting in their living room. It's around 9 pm on the clock. In hilly areas, it is considered quite late. Though it is not the winter after sunset this place becomes cold and bleak. Rudra puts some wood in the fireplace to increase the flame. Dorothy glances at the clock and puts down the book on her lap.

"Rudra, I want to say something about this girl, Aliya. It's been three days since she is here and I found her very weird. I mean she said that she is a tourist, but I hardly see her talk about this place's tourist spots. Instead, she always enquires about Micky. I think she loves Micky. What do you think? Does Micky also love her? Are they in love?"

Dorothy tries to pull Rudra's attention who is signing some papers kept in the files. Unmindfully he replies,

"Ummmm...I don't think so. I know his taste. Aliya doesn't fit in that."

Dorothy doesn't want to end the topic so soon and further asks,

"And what about Aliya? Do you think she has come over here just for a vacation?"

This time Rudra shifts his eyes from the files and turns at Dorothy.

"Don't you think you are interfering too much in other's life? We gave her a place to stay but that doesn't mean we have a right to know everything about her. By the way, what about your trip to Frankfurt? Is it still on? This time I am not holding you back by any means. Your uncle wants to see you and you should go."