Chapter 5 - "Kiddish fairy tale..."

"Aliya, I never thought that one day I will meet my soulmate. You came here just for me. I heard about love at first sight but I experienced it today. You sent me the letter and I started loving you since then. Will you stay here forever, Aliya? I can't live without you for a single moment now."

Manik cups her face and nears his lips to her quivering petals. She closes her eyes and whispers,

"I am yours, Manik and I will never leave you. Just hide me from his world and keep me in your eyes."

She hears a soft giggle and two eager lips brush on hers. TRRRRRRRINGGGGGGGG. Her sweet dream gets a jolt. She springs up to sit on the bed. She looks here and there to find the source of this shrill metallic alarm sound with a perplexed mind and drowsy eyes, which made her awake from her sweven. Eventually, the scenario becomes clear to her. She is sleeping in an unknown bed and the alarm on her mobile is screaming like a lunatic. With an exasperated face, she stops the snooze button. Gradually, everything gets clear in her mind. She is in Raychaudhury cottage. It's 7 am on the clock. She set the alarm because she wanted to go with Manik before he leaves. Today she has to tell him the truth. Why she is here and how much she is expecting a yes from him. Aliya pandiculates and gets down from the bed. After getting fresh and changing into a new dress, she comes to the leaving room.

"Good morning dear! I hope you got a good sleep last night. Just a minute. Let me get tea for you."

Mrs Dorothy Mills Raychaudhury sounds sweet as honey. Aliya observes that she is watering the plants on the veranda. She saunters at her.

"Good morning, Dorothy. Yeah, it's been a peaceful slumber. Thank you so much for all your care and help. I am still feeling sorry for bothering you. Don't worry. I will have coffee and breakfast when I go to the main city. It's just 7 am and I don't have anything so early. By the way, where is Manik? I thought to leave with him. He said there are many places to visit. I want to cover as many as I can."

Aliya mouths cordially. Her eyes are moving all around in the hope to see Manik anywhere. Dorothy keeps the watering can on the ground and turns at Aliya with a smiling face.

"I am afraid, dear. Manik left very early in the morning. Cabir I mean Bir called him regarding any problem with their landlord and he just left in haste without even having the morning tea. I told them so many times that they can stay here. If not as a family member, then at least they can stay as tenants. We have no problem. In fact, I would be happy to have their company. You know I feel so bored and alone sometimes. Most of the days Rudra spends his time in his office. I have no..."

Aliya cuts her lines and restlessly asks,

"Where does Manik live? I mean I need to say something to him. It's better that I leave now. Can you give me his address and number? I will catch him there."

Dorothy furrows her brows in surprise. The eagerness and the restlessness are very evident on Aliya's face. She utters in confusion,

"Yeah...I can give you...but what happened? Is there anything wrong? By the way, I am going to the city for marketing. You can come with me. I will drop you at Manik's place. But first, have some breakfast."

But Aliya wobbles in denial. She is feeling so restless as if she won't see Manik ever. Dorothy gives her the address and number. Aliya bails out like a runaway rabbit. Dorothy has instructed her to hire a Toto ( an electric carriage mostly prevalent in hilly areas) from the stand near their cottage. As Aliya disperses Dorothy mumbles,

"Did she really come over here as a tourist? I doubt."

............................................................