Chapter 10- "Suicide or murder...?"

"Heights of irresponsibility, Nans. This is totally an unknown place and you left without letting me know. Okay, no problem but at least pick up the phone, yah."

Navya utters with lots of irritation while tapping Nandini's number for the 5th time. However, the call again remains unanswered. Perhaps she hadn't been so worried if the phone would have remained switched off. But here she is getting the full ring tone and Nandini is not picking it up.

"Go to hell...!"

Navya mouths exasperatedly and is about to throw the mobile towards the bed, only then, a name flashes on the screen. Navya blanches.

"Shit!...Shravan Uncle. I am sure he is also trying to catch Nandini. But what should I tell him? We still haven't informed him about AliyaDi and now I haven't any clue about his younger daughter either."

She keeps on looking at the mobile screen and mumbles. A brief silence lingers then the same name again flashes on the screen. Navya gulps the saliva and whispers,

"I think I should tell him everything. Nans, you have already created many problems by coming here without informing Uncle. I can't make it more complicated."

With hesitant and trembling fingers, she slides the green button.

"Ahemm....yes, Uncle!"

.................................

"No, Uncle. She is...she is....Ummmm..."

....................................

"Uncle please listen to me."

........................................

"Uncle...Uncle...(Sobbing).........AliyaDi...She is...she is...uuuuuu(Sobbing)"

...................................

"We are in Darjeeling, Uncle...AliyaDi...she has committed suicide....uuuuuu (Crying loudly)......and now, Nans...I mean Nandini is missing too."

......................................

"I swear, Uncle....I don't know anything. She left me alone and she is not picking up her phone either. Uncle...I...I am scared. I don't know what to do...uuuuu(Crying)"

..................................

"Uncle...but...listen...okay, Uncle. I am sending you the address. Should I go to the police station? Okay, Uncle....No, Uncle...I won't step out before you come over here. Sure, Uncle. Sorry, Uncle..ummmm(Sobbing)"

She puts down the phone on the bed and slouches on it too. She palms her face and sobs out,

"Nans, where are you? I am sorry. I am too scared to again lie to Uncle. I think I have messed up all. Please come back. I need you."

She lies down supine on the mattress and breaks down in a loud cry.

....................................................

"But what did she exactly ask? Did she tell you her name?"

Manik sounds ardent. Right now, he is standing straight in front of Rudra Raychaudhury while keeping his hands inside his pockets. Rudra stares up and ignites the cigar.

"She is Aliya's younger sister. Her name is Nandini Murthy. She came here to meet her sister unaware of this mishap. She wanted to meet me and check Aliya's belongings if she could find out anything. Because she is totally clueless about this drastic step. But the police have already taken the bags into their custody. So, I couldn't help her much."