Chapter 9 - "Bickering moments..."

Nandini roams her eyes all around. She is lying on rocky ground. Some wild bushes and scattered trees are surrounding the place. The bright sun is shining above her head. Some scattered clouds are freely gliding like cotton balls in the clear indigo sky. For a moment, Nandini tries to understand the circumstances. Like a flash of lightning, she remembers all things. She was in a Toto. The driver took a sharp turn and it lost its balance. The last thing she can remember is that she was rolling down from the slopping. Though she was trying her best to claw the grasses and tiny bushes the force and shock were high. After that, something hit her forehead and everything became blank.

"Hey...are you okay? But how did you come here? Are you a tourist? Need a guide? Hey...say something, Man. Don't tell me that you are deaf and dumb."

Nandini's trance gets broken by the continuous ranting of the guy. She sits squarely with a jerk. What a nuisance!

"Neither I am deaf nor dumb. But your croaking voice is definitely damaging my eardrums."

Nandini mouths wryly and feels good. At last, she succeeds to backfire. On the other hand, Manik was taken aback to hear her. Croaking voice? Seriously? This tiny tot is calling his melodious voice a croaking sound? However, instead of being angry, Manik feels amused. For the first time, any girl didn't instantly fall for his good looks, charm and voice. He decides to hide his identity. He checks out Nandini a couple of times. Although she is short heighted and void of any make-up, her black doe eyes and chubby cheeks create ripples in his heart.

"I like it..."

His nonchalant mind whispers.

"Why are you looking at me like an owl? Didn't you see any girl before?"

Nandini shoots her annoyance. This boy is handsome no doubt but too rude and over-smart. She makes an opinion in her mind. Manik feels more jest. It feels fun to make her irritated. He retorts,

"I did but never saw a clown like you. I wish you could have seen your face."

Manik snickers. Nandini frowns in confusion and caresses her cheeks and head to check but can't find any disharmony. She meets Manik's mischievous eyes with a deep frown. Manik sits on the ground with crossed legs and takes out his mobile from his pocket. He turns on the camera and faces it to Nandini. The image raises her brows in surprise. Her whole face is smeared with dirt. A small size potato has been created on her forehead. It must be the result of that hit. Some weeds have made a crown on her head. Even though it looks more like a messed-up nest rather than a crown. Nandini skirts her inquisitive eyes all over her body and only then, she realises that the hem of her top gets up, making her belly visible. She immediately pulls it down and looks at Manik. On the other hand, Manik was looking at her navel (Don't conclude otherwise. It's a basic instinct. Beautiful and unusual sights attract our eyes😉😉). As Nandini looks at him, he immediately turns his head to another side. However, Nandini already saw him watching her. Her jaws harden.

"I am looking like a clown or a princess in a gown, that's none of your business. Now, please excuse me. I have other important work to do than nonsense chatting with you."

She mouths exasperatedly and tries to get up but a sharp pang in her ankle makes her wail in pain.

"Ouch...."

She staggers to fall again but Manik instantly holds her from her waist. His hand skims on her bare skin.

"You may have other important things to do but right now, the most important thing is walking on your own feet. But you can't even stand straight on them. Well, I can give you a ride if you want."