Chapter 1- "Melodious night..."

Tu hi meri shab hain subah hai (You are my night and my morning)

Tu hi din hain mera (You're my day)

Tu hi mera rab hai Jahaan hai (You're my God and my world)

Tu hi meri duniya.. (You're my universe)

Tu waqt mere liye main hoon tera lamha (You're time for me and I'm a moment for you)

Kaise rehega bhala hoke tu mujhse judaa (How will you remain separate from me?)

O o o....o o o

As Manik starts stretching the adlib, the mesmerized audience adds their voice with him.

O o o....o o o

O o o....o o o

Manik bangs his head and starts the second stanza of the song,

Aankhen teri shabnami chehra tera aaina (Your eyes are amazing your face is like a mirror)

All the young girls and the beautiful ladies look at him with dreamy eyes as he is addressing them only.

Tu hai udaasi bhari koi haseen dastaan (You're a beautiful saga full of sadness)

Dil mein hai kya kuch toh bata (Tell me what's in your heart?)

Kyun hai bhala khud se khafa (Why are you upset with yourself?)

O o o....o o o

O o o....o o o

Again, the spellbound audience hoots in a melodious chorus,

O o o....o o o

O o o....o o o

As Manik ends the song and puts down the guitar the crowd in the Motel Mount cheers in hosanna.

"Micky...Micky....Micky..."

Manik waves to all and smiles. Cabir beats his drums for the last time and gets up. For this evening, their performance is over. Manik too gets up and both bow to acknowledge the love of the audience. The crowd sounds,

"Noooooooo...we want more. We want to listen to Micky and Bir mooooore..."

They show their desperation. Manik grabs the microphone and says in his masculine baritone voice,

"Thank you so much ladies and gentlemen. I know you all love to listen to our songs but there are more artists who are eager to show their talent. I am sure you all will love to listen to them too. We will meet again tomorrow evening. Till then, Micky and Bir are saying goodbye. Good night everyone. Enjoy the night. Thank you."

He and Cabir leave the platform and head inside the Motel. As they enter the lobby, a sweet melodious voice calls them,

"Here are my boys. If your hunger for music got over then can we calm down the hunger of your churning stomach by putting something inside it?"

Manik and Cabir turn and meet a smiling face. Anupiya Sarkar is standing in front of them holding a serving spoon and wearing the chef hat. Both the friends smile ear to ear and near her.

"Priya Ma'am, how do you always know about our actual wish? Is it written on our faces that we are famished?"

Manik scoots forward and says in a teasing manner. In reply, Anupriya smacks his bicep with the spoon and retorts,