Chapter 14 - "Mysterious key..."

"Husn ke lakhon rang (Beauty has many colours)

Kaunsa rang dekhoge (Which colour do you want to see?)

Aag hain yeh badan (This body is like fire)

Kaunsa ang deeeee....khoooo...gee (Which body part do you want to see)

As Rose Kimathi syncs her lips with the lyrics, she strips the cape from her body seductively. Nandini frowns in vexation. She didn't know Motel Mount organises late-night striptease shows. Though she doesn't have any prejudice about all these titillating entertainments she doesn't feel comfortable either. How can a girl be aloof by seeing another girl who is gradually being devoid of clothes? However, she can't leave the place or get up from her table at this time. She is a crime journalist and she is here to find out a clue that can lead her to the mystery of her sister's death. Some minutes ago, she was searching the place where Aliya's body was found. Nandini was quite sure that she will find something that the police might have overlooked. Although she didn't get the most coveted mobile, she didn't get totally disappointed either. Nandini takes out a small key from her cloak pocket and minutely observes it. It seems a very normal key. Is it a key to any room of this Motel? But Aliya didn't stay here. Neither this key has any logo of this Motel that mostly any Hotel imprints in its room keys. Is this the key to her room in Raychaudhury Villa? But why is she thinking that this key must have slipped from Aliya's pocket? It could have been there before she fell. Then how does it smell like Aliya's favourite hand moisturiser? Her fleet of thoughts gets interrupted when two sheeny brown ivy like hands shackle her from behind.

"Gaalon ke yeh phool gulaabi (The flowers of my cheeks are pink)

Inki rangat kya jaano (You don't know their true colours)

Rose rubs her cheek against Nandini's and lip-syncs with the background song. Nandini cocks her head and meets her long lashes. Rose winks and leaving her, flips to come in front of Nandini. Now, she is only in her shimmering two pieces. A waiter was passing them holding a tray of drinks. Rose lifts a glass from the tray and touches its brim to her luscious red lips.

"Honthon ke do jam sharaabi (These two lips are like an intoxicating wine)

Inki lazzat kya jano (You don't know their true taste)

Rose moves her lips with the lascivious lyrics. Only then, her eyes fall on the key that Nandini kept on the table. Her tantalizing eyes immediately change to alert ones. Rose meets Nandini's eyes and instantly leaves her table. Her swaying barely covered body reaches another table where two middle-aged men are sipping on their drinks. This abrupt change doesn't get unnoticed by Nandini. She glances at the key. A cryptic grin beams on her lips.

"Husn ke lakhon rang

Kaunsa rang dekhoge

Aag hain yeh badan

Kaunsa ang deeeee....khoooo...gee...."

Rose throws the last piece of cloth from her upper body and the light of the stage immediately gets switched off. All the night crowd hoots to cheer. The show is over but not for Nandini. She grabs the key and springs up from her seat. She has to meet Rosalind Kimathi. Eyes never lie. She definitely knows something. However, as the light again illuminates the hall, Nandini can't see Rose anywhere. She must have left for her room. Nandini approaches a waiter and asks him about Rose Kimathi. He informs Rose lives in this Motel only and her room number is 101. Nandini bites her lip and heads to her destiny.

...................................

As Manik was about to step forward to the police station, his mobile rings.