24| AFTERMATH

"i'm glad this is over"
————
chapter's aesthetics:
🥀 imperfections 🥀

song of the chapter:
🎤 nu nu na na 🎤

Everyone's head turned to look at them

Everyone's head turned to look at them. Some of them couldn't be bothered and proceeded with their small talk.

"Now, there's are secrets that not most of you know about" Candy started off slow, trying to catch people's attention.

"And, as the queen of people I think everyone deserves to know" She continued, grabbing more people's attention.

"First piece of news, Jose's gay.

Second piece, Iris and Chase aren't what they seem to be. So is Brittany and Joseph. They aren't in their own bodies.

Third piece, Eva has a freezing power.

You might think how is that important? Well it is such an important information yet they didn't tel you at all" She let that sink, as more people agreed.

She really has a way with words.

"So, you need to laugh at them, bully them, torment them till they cannot take it" She added on, making more and more people agree with her.

"Alright now that that's out of the way, let the games begin" Candy smirked to herself. Watching everything fall into place made her smile sinisterly.

•••

The group arrived shortly after the speech. Talk to timing am I right? If they had been early, Candy's plan would have failed.

If they came later, they wouldn't know why everyone suddenly didn't want to talk to them, with the exception of Xander.

As they stepped into the hallway, everyone looked at them in disgust. Passing snarky remarks and commenting about things like the hair and clothing.

"Why is everyone staring at us?" Chase couldn't help but question. They didn't exactly hate the spotlight, but too much and unnecessary ones were the killer.

"No idea" Iris replied, shrugging it off. She couldn't be bothered why they were staring at them.

She just wanted to get school over and done with.

In addition, she didn't have a good night sleep and she is the crankiest human alive if she doesn't have a sufficient 7 to 8 hours worth of sleep.

"Come on, let's go to class" Eva said, dragging Brittany and Joseph as they were in the same class.

"Let's go. You can ask later" Jose said as they left for class, not missing the stares from everyone.

•••