CHAPTER TWENTY

Matthew^^

After Theo left for work, I reheated my breakfast and ate then started to clean. There wasn't much to do so I finished in less than two hours. 

My mind went back to what happened this morning. Instead of talking things through, I used sex as a distraction and it worked, but only for that moment. We seriously needed to talk because I can't keep avoiding the fact that Theo is a part of a mafia. If I wanted us to work I had to accept what is.......

His parents.

I almost forgot that he said he would invite them over so I could meet them. If it were under other circumstances I would have been excited but I'm anything but. I can't imagine how it's going to be in a room filled with dangerous people. 

My thoughts were cut short after I heard my phone ringing. It was Ash.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Hey, have finalized the number of people attending the  party?"

"Fifty people, the least. just leave it at that."

"Who are the other thirty people?"

"I'm still not positive of the exact amount but Theo said he is going to invite his family over, so I'm going to tell him to let them come on his birthday."

I heard her gasp in surprise through the phone.

"What? Really?  What changed? I thought he didn't want you to meet them."

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to tell anyone about what Theo told me, even if it was my best friend. I wonder if Jeff is in the mafia too. If yes as he to Ash? I would have to ask Theo before telling her.

"I begged him to allow me to meet them and he agreed."

"Just like that?"

"Yes, just like that."

She went quiet for a moment as if she could see through my lie but didn't comment on it any further.

"Ok then. Everything is set all we have to do is show up and enjoy ourselves."

"Thank you so much Ash, your the best."

After I got off the phone, I went upstairs and showered then I got dressed to got out to pick up the last gift I had for Theo. By the time I was ready Avan had woken up so I fed him and then we went on our way.

After I left the building and was walking towards my car I heard someone  calling my name.

"Zuri!"

I turned towards the voice and saw a tall dark guy, wearing a white tee shirt and a camouflage pants and a pair of glasses on his forehead. He ran up to me with a grin on his face, though I still didn't know who he was.

"Hey I almost didn't recognize you. You look so different from the last time I saw you."

I was just staring at him confused because I didn't know who he was yet it seemed he knew me.

"I'm sorry, who are you?"

He looked at me as if he was disappointed I didn't recognize him.

"Oh come on Zu-Zu, don't tell me you forgot all about me."

My eye widen in shock after he mention the nickname only my childhood bestfriend called me.

"Matthew! Oh my gosh, I cant believe this is you. You've grown so tall and muscular. When did you get back. This is crazy I thought I would never see you again." 

I pulled him into a hug. The last time we saw each other was when we were thirteen. He moved away with his father after his mother died and I haven't heard from him since. We were really close and he was also my first crush.

"Hey I'm here now. After I left I felt lost years went by and nothing I did would make me feel better so as soon as I turned eighteen I joined the army. It was tough but I felt as if I was making a difference and that was all that mattered."

"I missed you so much. There's so much we have to catch up on."

He looked down and noticed Avan who was sitting in the stroller beside me.

"Yeah your right there's so much we should catch up on. We should go out sometime." 

"You know what my boyfriend's birthday party is in two days how about you stop by."

His face fell at the mention of my boyfriend but it quickly changed back.

"Your boyfriend...... right, I'll be there. here take my number and just text me the address."

He typed his number in my phone then kissed my cheek and hugged me goodbye promising he would be at the party.

By the time I reached home Theo was already there along with a few other people in the living room.

"Hello."

I said and waved awkwardly. Theo walked up to me and grabbed my cheeks and kissed my lips.

"Baby I would like you to meet my parents. They will be in town for a few days." 

"Theo is this the woman you were talking about?"

"Yes mother this is Zuri the mother of my child and the love of my life."

His mother looked at me from head to toe before finally looking in my face and then put on a smile which seemed forced.

"Its a pleasure to finally meet you Mrs. Black."

"I wish I could say the same. You look different from what I imagined my son would be interested in."

She reply with a bitter tone. My face fell at her words. This was not how I thought my first meet would go but then again I expect too much from people.

"Mother, don't talk to her like that."

She looked up at Theo with a glare before turning away from him an to Avan.

"Oh please I wanna see my grand baby."

She walked passed me and stop in front of Avan's stroller. She leaned over and took him up with a large smile on her face. 

"He looks so much like you when you were younger Theo. So handsome. How could you keep him away from me."

She cooed at the baby and walk back to the sofa and sat down, the man who was sitting beside her got up and walked towards me with his arm stretched.

"Don't mind her. Its nice to meet you Zuri. I'm the father."

I shook his hand and smiled a little.

"Nice to meet you too Mr. black."

"You can call me Jacob, if you like."

"Ok Jacob."

He smiled and went back to sit, but not before telling Theo how beautiful I looked and that he had made the right choice

I turned to Theo and found him already looking at me.

"Don't mind my mother baby, she just cautious when it comes to me."

I looked over at her and saw her playing with Avan causing him to be laughing loudly, I smiled at least she liked one of us.

"I need to speak with you, in private."

He walked away and I followed him. After we reached to our room he closed the door behind us and turned to me.

"Who was that guy you were hugging and kissing with today."