9. i guess we're doing this

The next morning, Henry was all happiness when he woke up with Ted in his arms. Or him in Ted's arms? Either way, they were completely tangled together in a mess. Both of the men were about 6'1, meaning being in a bed together meant long arms and legs everywhere. He didn't even remember Ted falling asleep in here, and yet. Don't take that the wrong way- he sure as hell wasn't complaining! But the happiness was mixed with a bit of surprise.

And for now, Ted was quietly snoring and Henry was stuck. He couldn't move, or he'd wake him up, but god did he want to put some waffles in the toaster. Waffles, god he wanted waffles.

As quietly and carefully as he could, he somehow managed to remove himself from Ted. He felt bad, but ended up giving him a quick kiss on the forehead before going downstairs to complete his one life goal;

Eating some fucking waffles.

Henry stood in the kitchen, impatiently waiting for the waffles to pop out of the toaster.

"Hey, Professor."

He turned around to see Emma standing at the doorway, half asleep. She yawned and sat at the kitchen's island.

"Whatcha making?"

"I, young lady," He started, standing in front of the toaster, "am making myself waffles. For me to eat. Back off, bitch."

"Woah, aggressive much?" She laughed and stood up again to turn on the coffee maker. Everyone in the house now refused to drink coffee unless it was made by her. Beanie's was shit, and so was the coffee, but that was on purpose! Emma knew how to make one good ass black coffee brew. At Beanie's, she'd only try for Paul, but now, her new family wanted good coffee too. So here she was. She put a bit more water into the pot than normal so she'd have enough left for Paul and probably Henry.

Henry's waffles were done now and he eagerly took them out of the toaster, setting them on a plate. He jumped slightly, almost dropping the waffles, when he felt two arms wrap around his waist. He was fully prepared to yell at Ted for almost ruining his breakfast when he looked over his shoulder to see the very, very sleepy man leaning on him. He just couldn't.

"Well," The two jumped and looked behind them when they heard Emma's voice, "with two other couples, I should've known it was inevitable."

Ted let out a mocking laugh. "Poor Bill, he wishes he got as much ass as I did."

Henry stifled a laugh, turning to completely face the two, and still in Ted's embrace.

"I'd better get back to working in the lab. I've taken too much time off recently."

Ted frowned. They had just started...whatever they had...well, that was just last night and Henry was already back to isolating himself for days straight?

Nope. Ted wouldn't allow it.

"I'll go with you, Hen! Come on, it'll be fun!" He offered, elbowing the man lightly. Henry blushed a bit but shook his head.

"Ted, I really, really need to get the cure back in progress-"

"Hey, don't say I didn't offer!"

-

"Paul, I fucking called it!" Emma almost yelled as she ran back into her and Paul's bedroom, two coffee mugs in hand. She set them on the bedside table and sat next to Paul on the bed. He was busy changing out of his pajamas and just trying to put his classic button-up shirt on, but his attention was on Emma now.

"Fucking called what?"

"Hidgens! And Ted! They must've done more than fucked, Paul, they're dating!"

"You're shitting me!" Paul yelled back, now just as excited and completely abandoning his half buttoned shirt.

"I'm not! I knew it!"

"We knew it!"

"Yeah! Yeah, we knew it!" Emma laughed, falling back onto the bed. Paul finished buttoning up his shirt and lay next to her. They lay for just a moment.

Emma sat up and grabbed a newer shirt she had- while stuck in the house, Alice had taken up sewing, and had made everyone new wardrobes. Apparently her mom had been teaching her to make clothes for a while now and Henry was more than happy to gift her his unused machine.

She changed out of her current clothes and into her shorts from work, and the newer shirt. She turned to Paul.

"I'm gonna go water Professor's plants that he planted yesterday."

Paul nodded.

"Good idea, Ted won't remember to and he's gonna be annoying Hidgens all day every day now."

Emma laughed in agreement and left the room.

-

"Okay, remember when we said yesterday this should be a secret? I stand by that, but Emma knows now."

Henry and Ted were lying on Henry's bed again, both full of delicious waffles and coffee.

Ted shrugged. "I dunno, Hen, I feel like we should tell them."

"I don't think I'm ready."

Ted persisted.

"You sure? We prob-"

Henry didn't want this.

"Ted!"

"What!?"

"I'm not ready! Emma already knows and she probably told Paul, tell her not to tell anyone else, or something dammit!" He felt bad for snapping, but he was annoyed and worried and tired and really wanted to get down to the lab now.

"Henry-"

"I'm going down to the lab."

Henry stood up, kind of angry. He grabbed his phone and went to leave but Ted stopped him.

"Henry...I'm sorry, I shouldn't have- okay. We won't tell anyone. I'll talk to Emma."

Ted had never been soft for anyone before, yet here he was.

Henry's face turned from angry to appreciative.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't worry 'bout it, I understand."

Henry hesitated again, before quietly saying
"Thank you, Teddy."

"Teddy?" Ted asked with a chuckle.

"Hey, you call me 'Hen', it's only fair!"

"Fine!"

"Okay, seriously, Teddy, I'm going down to the lab. Stay safe, you can come down and visit whenever." Henry kissed the back of Ted's hand.

"Hey Hen, don't stress yourself too much!" Ted called, and Henry nodded as he left the room.