10. alice loves deb.

Alice sat on her bed, earbuds in and playing loudly. The playlist Deb made her. It was nighttime again, of course, that was how the days and nights worked. Deb was sitting at the window in Alice's, and her, room, legs dangling onto the roof below as she smoked a cigar.

Alice really liked Deb. Her hair was pretty, her eyes were pretty, she was nice, and she was confident in what she did. Alice liked that.

Alice liked watching Deb. Not in a weird stalker way, just in a way of...what was that word.

Admiration.

Alice wanted to be like Deb. Cool outfits, amazing artist. Previously the most popular kid in the Smoke Club, before of course, the apocalypse.

Yeah, the apocalypse. That was a thing.

Alice hated this, but she hated a lot of things that had been happening in her life within the past two years.

First, her parents spilt. Her mom had cheated on her dad with some asshole named Allen, and this guy had the audacity to call himself Alice's stepdad.

Nope. Never.

Then, later, she found out about someone knew; she didn't learn about it on purpose, she happened to overhear a phone conversation between Bill, her father, and a coworker that, judging by the voice, was Paul.

Bill had asked the receptionist, Sylvia, at CCRP, on a date. And then? He almost had a panic attack because he didn't know what Sylvia's favorite flower was.

Then she had two new people in her life. She liked Sylvia though. She was nice, pretty, and liked theatre too. Allen was just a dick. Either way, she was happy that her dad was happy. Nowadays, the apocalypse was happening, and her father finally started trying to get along with Deb.

Alice loved Deb. Ever since she met her, she did.

She was happy to learn that Deb was staying with her at the Professor's house. Deb and Ted had quickly become best friends, which Alice thought was funny. They had similar senses of humor and Ted definitely was in the original Smoke Club when he was at Hatchetfield High.

Deb and Bill had been making progress, too. Whenever Bill cooked lunch, for example, he'd always (try to) have a vegan option for her. And they'd have friendly conversation now, too. I guess that's what happens when you live with someone for a few weeks.

This was going to be more than a few weeks though. Alice had been here for a while month. Her mom was infected, her friends were infected.

But she had Deb. And as she listened to the playlist, she realized that's what she needed.

————————

a/n

short chapter lmao i just thought alice and deb needed something real quick. thanks for reading bitches <3 love y'all