17. the lords in black

edit: ahhh shit forgot to add warnings. okay here ;

TW warning for needles/syringes, guns

this was roughly 1700 words long and I am PROUD of myself

———————-

"John Macnamara...that name sounds familiar. Isn't that the guy that almost killed Paul and I a few months ago?" Ted looked at Henry.

"I'm not sure. Only one way to find out."

All six got out of the van, which immediately alerted John. He started walking towards then slowly, still singing.

"You're staring down the gun, 'cause you're easily disposed."

"Grab a gun. All of you." Henry ordered sternly, goin to do the same. Everyone rushed to do as he said before John reached them, to potentially infect them.

John was halfway across the street towards them. He paused when he saw six guns pointed at him.

His singing slowed a bit but he continued.

"The final solution, is a charted course at the whim of our own evolution."

"Okay, he's stopped walking, one of you go grab the rope from the trunk. Make it quick." Henry whispered to the group as they waited for what would come next. Owen volunteered and grabbed the rope. There was also duct tape in the back as well as gloves and masks.

"Thank you," Henry grabbed them, "can you get me a mask and gloves?"

Owen went back, and everyone kept their eyes set on John.

"Here." Owen handed two gloves to Henry and a mask. He put them on and cocked his gun.

"Yeah. That's him," Curt whispered to Wen once he was back with the others. "Fuck. It is," He whispered back.

Henry turned to start his approach towards the infected man. Ted grabbed his hand and stopped him for a second.

"Henry...be careful."

Henry gave him a small smile, even though he couldn't see it beneath the mask. "I will be. I promise."

"I love you." Ted suddenly blurted out, immediately turning red. If the situation wasn't so direly serious, Alice and Deb would've laughed at him.

Henry was a bit taken aback, and Ted look mortified, worried. But Henry gave him another smile and squeezed his hand.

"I love you too."

With that, he let go of his hand and started towards John. His gun was pointed at the General the entire time.

"Singularity had through a pre-destined self destruction!"

Henry winced as John raised his voice. If the cure worked, maybe he could recruit him for the Workin' Boys ensemble.

Even in terrible times, Henry was proud of his musical.

Anyway, he was standing in front of the man now. Alice and Deb awkwardly pointed their guns at John, while Curt and Owen di be d it so nonchalantly that you would think they were just doing dishes or something else that's easy. Ted wasn't quite as awkward but he sure as hell was confused by all the modifications on the gun. They were all doing their best, though, and that is all that matters.