22. a few of my peeps

Mass production was starting to pick up for the cure, and god was Henry excited. He loved his big found family, yeah, but he didn't want all of them in his house at once.

The hard part here was getting the cure out there. Henry had formulated it as a single-dose vaccine, which could worm the hive mind out of the host in a matter of minutes.

This was eased when John mentioned he still had relations with PEIP, and could absolutely get them in touch with the president. When Henry brought this up to the others, everyone freaked. The president. Coming to the house.

The President of the United States of America. At the Hidgens-Macnamara-Houston-Perkins-Matthews-Woodward-Spankoffski-Vaile-Deb-Jordan-Mega-Carvour residence (Henry couldn't wait for that to be lowered to one name and one name only).

Although they were panicked about it, John got the go to contact the president from the group.

The room John had chosen for himself was really just a small office space, with pillows and blankets strewn around the floor, and a desk near a window for him to work at. As terrible as has phone service was, he was able to get Xander on the line relatively quickly.

"Where the hell have you been?" John winced at the immediate sharp tone.

"Trying to keep this stupid virus contained. We have a cure, we need Howard in on this."

"Okay, yeah, I agree, but it would be great if you could call once in a while so the entire office doesn't have to wonder if you're dead!"

"I'm being tracked! You have a tracker on my phone!"

"You've been in the same place for a week! In some house near the edge of town! We are worried!"

"We have a cure ready to be produced. Tell someone to get in contact with me. Secretary of Defense, maybe? He seems like a pretty serious guy."

"We're gonna need somebody more than just serious, John," Xander snapped, clearly still angry, "This is the fate of the universe we're talking about."

"Trust me, I'm well aware. Get someone in contact with me. I'll talk to you soon."

Xander shouted "you better!" as John hung up the phone.

He put it down and waited. As pissed as Xander was at him, he knew it wouldn't be long before-

BUZZBUZZ

"General Macnamara," He smiled as he picked up the phone.

"Send me your address. I'm coming over with some other..." He heard Howard snicker on the other end of the phone, "...peeps."

A loud sigh.

-

ah hello i totally didn't ghost this book for two months

i can assure you i have no forgotten about it i just lose motivation really, really easily. sorry for such a short chapter but i figured it was better than nothing!!!!!!!!!