13. owen carvour, too handsome to die

this was supposed to be only hatchetfield characters but i felt bad about my lack of curwen content recently so I decided hey. I'm adding curt and owen to this. cuz i want to. i also feel like this book had been super centered around tedgens so here's some paulkins content for u.

ps the author wants owen carvour's gender
—————————

Soft moments like these were one of Emma's few joys in the apotheosis; she sat, book in hand, on the couch while Paul lay down with his head in her lap. These kinds of moments were the kinds that made them think, hey, maybe we'll make it out alive. Maybe we can have a normal relationship without worrying constantly about the other's health and safety. Maybe things are going to be okay. Just maybe.

Emma loved Paul a lot. She'd get overexcited every time that he walked into Beanie's, and always appreciated her tips. Yeah, her tips, that she didn't have to sing for or split with Norah and Zoey. She loves everything about that man, from the way he was super specific about how his hair was slicked back before work to the way he would just constantly say 'okay' over and over when he was stressed or anxious.

Paul had fallen asleep now. He was snoring lightly, making it harder for Emma to concentrate on her book, but she really didn't mind. Paul was having a dream, and it wasn't a nightmare like usual. It was about him, and Emma, playing carnival games, and him winning her a giant unicorn stuffed animal.

-

Hatchetfield Mall was a hotspot for people who weren't yet infected. With shelves and shelves of necessities and other shit, it was basically a goldmine. Seriously, it was the first place that Paul and Emma went before Hatchetfield High, and they found Bill and Alice there, and now? Things were about to get a little...funky.

A tall man with slicked back brown hair stood at the end of a fancy shop in the mall, intently watching a slightly shorter man in a suit look at nicer clothes. He seemed impatient, tapping his foot and everything, and anyone could tell he wanted to leave. The other man seemed to be having a good time, enjoying looking at the expensive suits and such that were in the shop.

"Love, if you spend any more time here we'll be infected. Hurry up, I'm too handsome to die," The taller man spoke finally. The other one laughed.

"We're fine, Owen, we're suited just fine for this."

He went back to looking at suits. The man, now we know to be named Owen, stepped deeper into the shop with the other man.

"You should get one, they'd look good on you," Unnamed man told Owen, showing him a suit. Owen shook his head.

"I'd rather have the necessities only, Curt."

"You're no fun!" The man, Curt, whined, "we can match, it'll be fun!"

"You're so basic."

A few more minutes passed. Curt was finally done, walking out with a bag in his hand. He had picked out two suits, snd Owen had caved in and taken one as well.

They rounded a corner towards another stretch of shops. Claire's, Hot Topic, Shoe Depot, all the mall classics. There was one they didn't remember seeing before. This one was called Toy Zone. The place looked...eerie. There were signs all over the front of it that read things along the lines of "New WIGGLY Toys, In Stock This November!" and "Buy Uncle Wiley's New WIGGLY! His Belly is So Squishy!"