Chapter 38 // Road Trip

“We’re here.” I heard Michael say. I picked my head up from Luke’s shoulder and looked around. It was still dark outside. Luke was still asleep so was Calum and Vi. Ashton and I started to wake them up. “Luke, we’re here. Wake up.” I whispered in his ear. He shifted a little bit then slowly opened his eyes.

“Wow I could get used to this.” He said, his ‘morning’ voice very noticeable.

“Get used to what?”

“Get used to you waking me up.” He smiled. I rolled my eyes and started to get my things. I got out of the car with Luke and the others right behind me. “So where are we staying Michael?” Cal asked. I looked around us and saw the empty parking lot. “Where are we?” Vi asked.

“Well, I rented out a condo for us.” Michael replied. He told us to get our bags and to follow him. We walked to the 2nd floor of the condominium then to the opposite side of the building. The hallways were open, like no windows, so you could feel the ocean breeze. Michael grabbed the keys from his pocket and opened the door. We all walked in and examined the place. “The owner told me that the couch is a sofa bed, and there’s two other bedrooms.” Michael said. He then went into the rooms. Calum, Luke, and Ashton immediately raced to the bedrooms. After a minute of yelling, Luke came into the living room. “Sorry Dani but we have to sleep on the couch.” He said sadly.

“It’s fine. We have the TV!” I smiled and went to go set my things down.

“That means Ashton got the bed! WOO!” Vi squealed and ran to the bedrooms. “Cal also got the bedroom!” Luke set his things down. “It’s late, we should get some sleep.” Luke said. We started to set up the sofa bed. “You go change, I got the rest.” Luke told me. I went to the bathroom and changed to my pjs, which were just shorts and a shirt. I went back and saw Luke shirtless in his boxers. “You don’t have pants?”

“Nah.” He replied. He lied down on the bed as I did the same. “Good night guys!!” I yelled, earning a flinch from Luke and a couple of goodnights back. “Sorry.” I whispered to Luke. He smiled at me and gave me a kiss on my forehead. I cuddled with him before heading into a deep sleep.

~*~

“RISE AND SHINE!” I heard Ashton yell. I slowly opened my eyes and saw him in his swimming trunks. “It’s beach time baby!!” I sat up and noticed Luke wasn’t in bed. I stood up and walked to the kitchen. I saw the others getting ready to leave. “Where you guys going?”

“We’re going to the beach. We left you breakfast so, we’ll meet you there.” Vi replied. Vi and Calum passed me and went out the door with Ashton right behind them. I sat on the stool at the table and started to eat my toast. I went on my phone to entertain myself.  I heard the toilet flush and immediately turned around. I saw the bathroom door open and reveal Luke. “Good morning sweetheart.”

“You mean good afternoon.”

“Sorry. Good afternoon sweetheart.” Luke replied.

“That’s much better.” I said, giving him a peck on the lips.

“You ready to go to the beach?”

“I need to finish breakfast.”

“Maybe we could skip the beach and stay here and do something else?” Luke smirked as his hand went to my waist. “What kind of ‘something else’” I asked, using air quotations.

“I was thinking some thing that we can’t really do with everyone in the house.”

“And why is that?” I bit my lip.