Chapter 34 // Photography

“So for your project, you will be assigned a topic and you will have to make a portfolio of 15-20 pictures on that topic.” Mr. Villa told us.  A guy that sat two rows from me raised his hand. “Yes Leo?”

“Are you we going to be able to pick the topic?”

“No. You will all pick out of a hat.” Mr. Villa responded. “Which we will do right now.” He then took a hat from his desk. He then walked around the room, letting my classmates pick out their topic. He finally reached me and extended the hat in my direction. I looked away as my hand went into the hat. My fingers rumbled around the choices of paper. I grabbed a piece of paper and brought it out of the hat. Mr. Villa then walked away to assist the girl next to me. I opened the small slip of paper and read the topic to myself.

Nature

Nature? Really? I groaned quietly. What the hell was I supposed to do with nature? “All the topics require a model. It is optional if you want a story behind it. Also this project is due in two weeks.” Mr. Villa said right before the bell rang. “2 weeks!” He repeated.

I got stood up from my desk and grabbed all my books. I walked out of Mr. Villa’s classroom and into the crowed hallway. On my way to my locker, someone bumped into me, making my books and papers fall out of my hand. I looked down and groaned. I knelt down to pick up my stuff. “I am so sorry. I didn’t see you there.” I recognized that voice. I quickly looked up, but then hit Luke in the nose. “Luke I am so sorry.”

“Ow.” Luke said then giggled a bit. “It’s fine. He continued to help me with my papers and books. “Photography project huh?”

“Yeah.. I was meaning to tell you about that.”

“Since when?”

“Since last period.”

“Oh.”

“Anyway, I need your help.” I told him. He opened his mouth to say something but then the bell rang. “What do you need help with?” He asked.

“For the project. It requires models. And you told me about two months ago that if I got in contact with your agent you’ll do it.” I smiled, causing him to chuckle.

“You don’t even need to speak with my agent.”

“Great. We’ll discuss this after school?”

“Why after school? Why can’t we talk now?” Luke smirked.

“Because the bell rang and we’re late for gym?”

“Why don’t we skip gym and go home early?”

“No. No. Nope. I am not skipping class.”

“Its just gym! They don’t even take attendance!” Luke said. After a moment of thinking about it, I nodded reluctantly, causing Luke to smirk.

~*~
“So what do you have to do for you project?” Luke asked me while driving.

“I have to create a portfolio of 15 to 20 pictures based the topic I picked out.” I replied.

“What’s the topic?”

“Nature.”

“Fun.” He fake-yawned. I shoved him a bit causing him to laugh. “I’m kidding! Nature seems cool. What do you have in mind?”

“Well since you agreed to do it, I guess we could go to the park tomorrow or whenever I have all this figured out.”

~*~