Chapter 18 // Lunch

Chapter 18 // Lunch

“Dani, come on! Please?”

“For the last time no!” I replied. Violet was trying to persuade me to go out to lunch with her and the boys. “Give me one reason why.”

“It’s cold out!”

“You have to come up with a better reason than that.”

“Fine, well if you want to know the truth. I don’t want to go because I’ll be alone with Michael, Calum, and Luke.”

“I’ll be there!” Violet argued.

“No you won’t! You’ll probably be feeding Ashton his lunch at the other end of the table!” I protested.

“That’s true..” She mumbled.

“You want another reason? I don’t want to go because ever since the first day back from holiday break, Luke hasn’t talked to me..” I looked down at my desk.

“I oughta give him a piece of my mind.” She muttered. “Why hasn’t he talked to you?”

“I don’t know! We were on good terms the first day back but then after that, he stopped saying hi, he stopped looking at me, he just stopped.” Violet stayed quiet for a second.

“Hey you never explained what happened when I walked in on you two at your house!”

“Oh crap.” I groaned.

“Come on.. Spit it out.” She scooted her chair closer to me. Before I could say anything, the bell rang for first period. “Sorry Vi..” I got up from my seat.

“Does this mean your going to lunch?” Violet grabbed my arm.

“Sure.” I hesitated, causing Violet to squeal. After she let go, I made my way to history class.

~*~

“Dani! Over here!” Ashton called out. I looked over to the source and saw Ashton waving me over next to what seemed like Michael’s car. It was a white Escalade.. Yes Escalade. I walked over and greeted Ashton with a hug. “Get in!” Ashton said, literally pushing me in. I saw in the back of the car was Violet on her phone and to the far left was Luke seated beneath a girl.

“Hey Dani!” Violet greeted. I gave her a smile then looked to Luke. The girl was nibbling on his ear. “Hey Gray.” Luke muttered, barely audible for anyone to hear. “Hey Hemmings. Who’s that?” I sneered. His right arm slightly jerked towards the girl. “Oh, that’s so rude! I’m Johanna Wren. I think we have gym together?” The girl smiled. Her curly blonde extensions cascaded down to her back. Her bright blue eyes were scowling at me, as if I was competition. “You are?”

“Daniela.” I replied. She shrugged and turned to Luke. “You should push your hair down, you look sexier like that.” She purred. I wanted to throw up there and then. “You’re so hot, Luke.” She whispered, a little to loudly. Then crashed her lips onto Luke’s. I scoffed quietly as I sat in the car seat. I saw Calum making his way towards the car with another girl. The girl got in shotgun as Calum sat in the empty seat next to me. “Hey Daniela.”
“Hey Calum.”

“All set?” Michael said from the driver’s seat, earning a bunch of yeahs. (Except Luke and Johanna)

~*~

“Well this is awkward.” Calum said.

“Why?”