Chapter 31

⛔ The Truth Warning

Bad Boys Cannot Be Saved

"Let go of me," she seeths as Dean clutches at her arm.

My mouth hangs open at the ambivalence of the situation. He is grabbing her elbow and her face is tear-streamed, her eyes look blood shot and her nose is in an intense hue of pink.

I'm about to turn and leave and mind my own business but something stops me from leaving.

"Are you okay, Camille?" I ask her, my eyes fix on hers.

She frowns and sniffles her nose with the sleeve of her sheer pink sweater.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I'm leaving now, you should do the same Sunset," her voice cracks as she speaks.

She shrughs her elbow away from Dean and my eyes follow her as she walks by me and then she dissapears behind the door. I glare at Dean, my brows couldn't frown anymore. His hands grab the edges of the sides of the sink, his eyes shooting daggers at his own reflection on the mirror.

"I think this is the lady's room, you should leave." I cross my arms in front of me.

His shoulders slouch forward and his head hangs between his shoulders.

Is he crying?

"Ok, I'll let you-" I turn to give him some privacy.

"Please, stay," he pleads. His eyes turn to me now. "Why do I always mess everything up?"

"Is that a rhetorical question?" I ask as I stride closer to him. My hands travel to the straps of my bagpack.

"No... I have no idea what the answer is..." he trails.

"Well...define messing up." I let my back rest against the sink so that I'm facing him as we speak.

"Dating several girls at once is never a good idea..."

"I thought you didn't date..."

"Exactly, I don't. But girls just never get it..."

"Maybe you don't get it. We have feelings, you know?" I arch my eyebrows as I speak to him.

He folds his arms and strides closer to me. His blue eyes look too ocean-deep for this shallow excuse of a man.

"I like Camille," he blurts out.