Chapter 36: Surprises

"EMIKOOOO!!!" Nash yelled, speeding through the house.

"Stop running! And what?!?" I yelled back, hoping he would hear me because I had no idea where he had went.

"I honestly have no idea. I just like bothering you," he said, grinning as he ran downstairs, Ashlea chasing him.

I glared at him, rolling my eyes as he laughed obnoxiously. We'd been home for only about a half hour, and everybody was already going crazy.

Jack J and Hope were doing who knows what in my room, Cameron was running around screaming with Melissa chasing him, Jack G and Mari were on the balcony screaming at birds, Matt and Carter were outside jumping on the trampoline, Aaron and Jake were on the shed roof, jumping off of it every now and then, and Taylor and Natalie were sitting on the kitchen floor squealing about something. I didn't even know where Shawn was, but I hadn't seen him in about 15 minutes.

I was in the living room sitting on the couch, watching as everyone destroyed my house.

All the sudden my phone started ringing, and I picked it up quickly, the name Elena flashing across it.

"Emiko!" Elena's voice sobbed through the phone, causing me to sit up quickly, growing increasingly worried.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" I asked, listening intently.

"Emiko...I think I killed someone."

ΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔ

"What do you mean you think you killed someone?!" I yelled, all the noise in the house ceasing.

"I-I was driving and this guy came out of nowhere and I wasn't paying attention and I hit him! Emiko, I think he's dead!" She sobbed.

"Where are you? Are you with him?!" I asked urgently.

"I'm on some backroad by grandma's and I'm next to him right now," she cried, and I could tell she was choking back sobs.

"Elena, calm down. I'll come get you, but where's mom and the girls?" I asked, curious and worried.

"They all went in the jeep and the truck, but I wanted to take my own car because I was going to stop and pick up some stuff from the market, but don't tell them. I don't want anybody but you to know," she said, trying to calm herself down.

"Shawn isn't going to let me leave without him," I countered.

"You can tell him and the boys and the girls and you know what? Tell everyone that's there with you right now but mom can't know," she retorted, breathing heavily.

"Okay, I'll be right there. What road are you on?" I asked, trying to make sure I remained calm.

"Granite," she said, sniffling.

"I'm on my way and I'll bring everyone, okay? It's gonna be alright," I soothed, bidding her goodbye and hanging up the phone.

"So your sister killed someone?" Shawn said, scaring me.

"Oh my Jesus," I jumped, staring at all of the werewolves that were currently on my couch, apparently listening to my conversation.

All the girls were there as well, and they looked shocked when Shawn said that.

"What do you mean your sister killed someone?!" Melissa yelled, her eyes wide.

"Elena hit someone! We have to go pick her up and see if he's alright!" I yelled, running out to the car.

Cameron sat in the front, obviously driving. Everybody else piled in, all of us squeezing into the silver van. I sat next to Shawn, Nash, and Laya. Laya was on Nash's lap because there wasn't enough room for both of them to sit together. The rest of them tried to fit in the front, and Jack J and Aaron were on the floor.