Encounter With A Dolphin

~Time Skip Rachel is now 15~

Rachel's POV

  I surf one of the biggest waves I have ever seen! Today is the only day in every ten years that the waves get this big, and I caught the biggest one of the day.

  This is the first time that I've ever been able to surf on this day. I now wish this day could never end as I feel the wind and water splashing my face.

  All was well. Note that I said 'was.' I wiped out. My body tumbled I to the wave and was thrown around like a rag doll. When I looked up from under the water, it seems as if I was a few hundred feet deep.

  My lungs were screaming for air when I saw a gray dolphin making its way to me. When I reached me, nudged my stomach, causing me to gasp. But the thing is, no water entered my lungs and my desire for air faded away.

  Just to be sure, I took a deep breath of air from my nose. Sure enough, no water entered my lungs.

  "We have no time to delay Rachel. My name is Shimmer, your parents have sent me to come and get you. They believe it's time to come home."

  I turned to the dolphin, scared out of my mind. "If you want to say something, you can. Like your parents, you can talk and breath underwater."

  "I'm talking to a dolphin." I say, still processing this information.

  "Yes, you are talking to a dolphin. Now go get your uncle and tell him these words. 'What has four in the beginning, two in the middle, and three at the end, will now shift to some thing that has one in the beginning, one in the middle, and one at the end.' He will understand. Meet me here in two hours." The dolphin says and starts to swim away.

  It takes me by surprise. What does Shimmer mean? Uncle Armin knows something about this and I will ask him.

  I swim up to the surface of the water, only to find about twenty lifeboats going around the island.

  "This way! I see her!" I hear someone yell. A couple of life boat make their way towards me. The roaring of the engines fill me ears as one reaches me. Two men pull me up and out of the water and wrap a towel around me.

  Uncle Armin comes running up to me and gives me a big hug. "I was so worried about you Rachel." He said into my hair.

  I look into his ocean blue eyes with a serious expression plastered on my face.

  "We need to talk." I say. His face becomes serious as well, with a touch of guilt gleaming in his eyes.