29: I Did It With My Brothers And Our Children Will Do It With Each Other Too

Bjorn Ironside's Point Of View
My brothers and I did this as children we would race the horses and now my sons are doing it, Erik, Gudrod, Uhtred, Guthrum, Refil, Hali and Ragnar where all on the horses out the back of Kattegat in the field, my daughters where not ever going to be doing this no they where far to important to me and also my wife would realise if they where hurt faster then if it was one of our boys. Ragnar was only four but he can stay up on a horse and he wants to be in the race so I'm letting him.

"Bjorn are you sure you want to let the younger two on the horses, just yet?" Ubbe asked me while I was helping Ragnar onto his horse with Ubbe following behind me.

"Well I was racing our father from when I was his age so he'll be fine and trust me if he gets hurt by one of the boys then Torvi will kill them." I told my brother while moving to Hali's horse and making sure his up right.

"I'm wishing you the best of luck that your wife doesn't kill you after this." My little brother Ivar said whilst I put my son up right on the horse.

"It'll be fine, and hey if she kills me what are you lot gonna do?" I told them before moving away and letting the boys all get ready.

"Ready set go!" Sigurd yelled and off the boys went ready to set off, it had Erik out the front and that's my boy, my mini me. He was flying!

"Bjorn Ironside, why the fuck is Ragnar racing." I heard over the noice of all the guys watching my sons go. And fuck I knew I was in trouble. My wife was gonna kill me and it would be in front of all of my men. And little brothers who will get a kick out of it.

"T! Baby don't worry about it. His fine and I'm just gonna go and double check..." I yelled back out to my wife before getting on a horse and off I went trying to out run the scolding that would follow from my wife.

"Yeah T, baby don't worry about it I'm sure you babies will be fine when they all fall on the floor." My stupid little brother Hvitserk the enabler said whilst pointing towards the boys who are coming back, unscathed by the look of it.

"Hvitserk, shut up. Are you trying to get me murdered?" I asked and just like that the first of the boys was over the finish line. And all of a sudden things were paced around taking the winnings.

"Yeah I am Bjorn." Is what my dearest brother said whilst keeping my eyes on my boys who are all back and safe within their uncles helping all of them off of the horses. And best part of it all, by the end Erik had won, I made some goods and I'm still alive, my wife didn't kill me. Just told me no sex tonight from it.