36: You Look So Good With My Hand Around Your Throat...

No one is aware of the many weakness that follow King Bjorn Ironside around his reining town of Kattegat. The children and wife he keeps hidden from the rest of the world. He has never wanted anyone to be aware of his marriage or children since he saw all of the negatives of your enemies knowing you have a family from his parents and their experiences. Bjorn has grown from watching his late father and all of his marriages over the years. Thus keeping Torvi and their children hidden from everyone else. Everyone who isn't in the inner circle.

The reality that Bjorn wasn't as good as he thought he was at keeping Torvi and their children a secret came crashing down in a rather fast way. He was away from Kattegat raiding for the summer in the Mediterranean. When Bjorn leaves Kattegat he leaves his mother incharge of his lands. Lagertha is well aware of why her son makes sure that Torvi is well looked after in his absences. So Lagertha makes sure to treat Torvi as if she was simply another aspiring shieldmaiden looking for guidance, though if Lagertha had to play favorites out of the aspiring few she would pick Torvi, her daughter-in-law and Torvi's close friend from her own lands, Astrid. They are Lagertha's favourites.

When Astrid was waiting for her husband to come back from the Mediterranean see got into the habit of making sure to go to the docks every single morning before going to the great hall and seeing the other wives of the closest Bjorn's advisers. All of Bjorn's advisers wives during the raiding seasons are allowed in the great hall all day taking over in their husbands absences. So she was seconded most important in the room during the Summer raids.

"You really think that Ivar is pissed off with Bjorn enough to rage a war?" One of the wives, Gunnhild said quietly to another wife, Margrethe who is Ubbe's wife. 

"I am not sure, maybe? Though it is not like Bjorn has anything that can be used against him besides maybe his own siblings?" Gunnhild replied back to Margrethe though that is besides the point since if Ivar truly wanted to attack he would. And he knows all of Bjorn's weaknesses. He knows where every single one of Bjorn's children live and with which woman is a mother of Bjorn's children. Though most importantly Ivar knows were Bjorn's wife lives and just how much he cares about Torvi. All of which won't be good if Ivar makes the choice to snap and take down Bjorn.

Brothers fight all the time it is normal. All siblings fight, again it is normal. Though when the Lothbrok brothers are fighting you never know what the outcome will be. Best result a few bruises and the worst well the worst could be death. And now standing in a room someone has the hands around Torvi's throat under the words of Ivar the Boneless. When Bjorn finds out all hell will break lose and the Sons of Ragnar will be fighting. And sides will be taken.

"I think that you look so good with my hand around your throat, Mrs. Ironside." The man said applying just that little bit more pressure on her throat almost cutting off the air supply.

Both Torvi and Astrid were being held against their will. Both of them having husbands who will be over baring when they find out that someone has put their hands on their wives. Both of which who are walking straight through the doors of the Great hall. Straight into the danger zone.

"What on Earth is happening?" King Bjorn Ironside spoke to the room trying to get a gage on what the hell was happening. His graze roamed the room before zeroing in on his wife, Torvi. Then all he saw was red. He was seeing nothing but red. How dare someone try and put their hands on his wife. How dare they.

"You are what is happening. Your mother killed mine and I am not going to let it go." Ivar yelled like a mad man throughout the Great Hall watching his big brother. Though out of the corner of his eye he watched Torvi and the man who was keeping her in her place.

"Ivar what either of our mothers do to each other is none of our business nor should we be taking it out on each other. Get over it and stop acting like such a child." Bjorn said keeping his eyes on Ivar but making sure that his children were safe in the corner. Erik went to them checking over each one since they were with his wife Gunnhild.

"But it does, you would kill me if my mother killed yours." Ivar rushed to get out.

"No I wouldn't we both know that. I could never hurt my brother though I would punish you if you were involved though I am not involved. So get your men to get the fuck away from my mother. And get your fucking man to release my wife and don't push your fucking luck right now. Remember all of the shit I have done for you over our lifetime." King Bjorn said getting down to his brothers eye level making sure that the message got across since if a single hair was harmed on either his wife or mother and any single one of his children. He was going to lose his shit. Big time.

Then like clock work all of it was over. The men all backed down and his wife was release but his kingdom was in a state of shock. They had a Queen this whole time.