T H I R T Y - F O U R

The sheer amount of scrolling I have to do now just to write. Jesus fuck

It was very early in the morning when Katsuki woke. It was dark and the only light he could see came from the kitchen around the corner. He got up, and walked like a zombie towards the light.

"Hello?" He whispered. No one answered. He couldn't seem to figure out where he was. Everything seemed wrong. Like something was going to happen. Katsuki's legs shook. He didn't like this. He kept waking towards the kitchen because he was Purote and Purote was brave. No one was in the kitchen. Katsuki sighed in relief and slid down the counter to the tile floor. It was cold.  He gave another sigh, body aching so something. A drink, a smoke. He didn't care. Just something. So he pretended, breathing like he was inhaling the smoke he wanted. It calmed him. *

The sound of feet were lost to him as he breathed, lost in his own little world.

"Purote?"

"Hm?" He responded. That's right; he was Purote. The strong, addict named Purote.

"Are you okay?"

"'Course. I just want a hit"

"That's... You don't need that" He locked eyes with Mineta.

"I know"

"Anything I can do to help?"

"Not really. It's fine. You know... You're not to bad. Now that you're workin' on the pervy shit, you're cool"

Mineta's cheeks flushed. "Thanks" 

"You wanted to know how I knew the Bats right?" Mineta nodded. "I'm a member. Have been since I was in middle school" Katsuki pulled the tip of his pants down half an inch to show the top of his tattoo. Mineta stared with wide eyes and parted lips. "I don't do shit for them though. They just offer me protection as needed"

Mineta frowned, "Protection? You're really strong, what do you need protection from?"

"Sometimes," He said looking up at the lights on the ceiling, "people can't fight. Sometimes it's a war against something they wouldn't dare fight back against"

"Like... a kid?"

"Like a relative"

Mineta didn't respond, yet when the purple haired teen sat next to Katsuki, he smiled. Mineta knew a lot about him.

"Bits and pieces" He whispered. That's what he gave out. Everyone had a piece to his puzzle. When Mineta leaned against him, Katsuki looked down. The short teen was fast asleep already.

Katsuki carefully moved and picked up the lightweight classmate. As he carried Mineta, he smiled. The teen had previously been annoying and perverted. But Katsuki could understand that it was probably a result of his upbringing. He was proud if the Mineta for putting the effort into change and sticking to it. Katsuki couldn't remember where Mineta's room was so he settled the teen on one of the other couches. He went back and turned off the kitchen lights before going back to snuggle with Kaminari. But... He couldn't fall asleep. There was that feeling of wrong still. The urge to go back to his addictions and feel wonderfully numb to his pains again.

" I'm Katsuki... I'm a student at Yuuei and I'm going to be a hero. I can't be awake for stupid shit like this... I don't need it"

Despite his own words, Katsuki's body didn't listen, so he sat there, craving and exhausted until he finally huffed and got up. He wrote a quick note to Kaminari before padding to Aizawa's room. He knocked twice and waited for the door to open. He relied a lot on his teacher, he realized. The door opened to a very much awake Aizawa.

"What's up? Everything okay?"

"I'm– I can't fucking sleep. I really want a something. A drink. A smoke. Anything. So no, not okay" Aizawa looked proud. Why? He had just admitted to wanting something like that.

"I'm glad you came to tell me instead of trying to get something. Would you like to try something else maybe?"

"Like what?" 

"Maybe distracting yourself with something. Come sit" Katsuki did as told and stepped into his teacher's dorm. the lights were off and it was lit by a lamp in the corner. Katsuki sat on the couch.

"Who feeds your days when you're here?" He asked.

"Mic will sometimes stop over but it's usually Ms. Tanaka. Here's a blanket, I'll put on a movie. Is Kaminari in the lounge?"

"Yeah, Mineta too"

He took pride in his teacher's surprised look. "Mineta? Why would he be...?"

"I was sitting on the floor and he just appeared. So we talked and he fell asleep"

"He's really changed himself since you visited his neighborhood"

"Yeah I told him a few minor details about the Bats. Including that I was a member, like twenty minutes ago"

"That's great that you feel comfortable with him. And it's good that he has a friend. He needed some guidance and I can trust you to whip him into society's main guidelines"

"'Course" Katsuki hummed, closing his eyes for a moment while he curled into the couch. A hand brushed through his hair as he barely heard his teacher say 'goodnight'

Y'all... This is thirty four chapters of no plot I need to figure out where I'm going with this

Word count: 891

* breathing like you're smoking (without smoking) is relaxing since you take deeper breath and exhale through your mouth

((Grammar and Spelling fixed))