22

Leigh looked at Rachel. She was waiting for an explanation. "Well. We're waiting. What's the excuse that you lied to us all our lives?" She asked.

Rachel sighed. "I didn't plan on it. I wasn't stable enough to raise you both. And Jane, well she wanted two babies and I gave her mine. Your dad agreed too."

Leigh scoffed. "That's crap. We are your kids. Do you not care about us?" She said.

"Of course I do! I just couldn't be your mum. I'm sorry."

Leigh rolled her eyes and walked off. She couldn't believe how her whole life had been a lie. One massive lie and she hated it.

***
Leigh walked into Charlee's classroom. She smiled. "Hey. You look disheveled," she said.

"That's because I just had sex with Max."

Leigh blinked. "You had sex in the school?"

Charlee nodded. "Yeah. Why shouldn't I? I mean, we've been lied our whole lives. So why wouldn't I go to him?"

Leigh smiled and sighed. "I know. It's all a huge mess. But we have each other. We always have."

Charlee nodded. She sighed. "It's all a bloody mess and Rachel Mason has a lot to answer for," she said.

"Yeah."

***
Leigh saw Tom and walked over to him. "Today has been a huge mess."

"Calm down babe. Talk to me."

Leigh sighed. "It turns out Rachel is my mum. Go figure huh? The woman who I thought was my aunty is now my mum. This is some weird crap here."

Tom smiled and kissed her. He sighed. "It'll be okay. There's always an explanation into what happened. And I'm sure Rachel will have one. Maybe she was just too in shock that you found out to tell you about it properly," he said.

Leigh shrugged. "I don't know. I really don't. It's all crap. And I don't know how to cope with it. I really don't," she sobbed.

Tom held her close and smiled. He knew how hard it was for her and he had the feeling that she wouldn't cope with everything that had happened.

***
Leigh was sitting in the restaurant with Charlee, Tom and Max. Leigh sighed. "To dodgy lives and mothers who lie," she said.

Charlee grinned. "Leigh doesn't believe that Max and I had sex earlier at the school. I literally walked off from Rachel and then took him into the store cupboard."

Leigh laughed and nodded. "Rachel has been trying to text me all day. I haven't replied. I have no words for this," she said.

Tom kissed her. "It will be okay. I promise you. You're a tough cookie and you know you can get through this," he told her.

"Thanks babe. It's just... it all seems so much of a blur right now and I don't know how to feel," Leigh said.

***
Tom pushed Leigh onto the bed. He got between her legs and kissed her heatedly. "You're so beautiful," he said as he kissed her again.

Leigh grinned and nodded. "You are too. I love you."

"I love you too. My beautiful babe. You're my precious girlfriend. My everything. And I want nothing more than to be with you forever," Tom said.

Leigh grinned as they kissed again. But would their relationship make it through all the hurdles that were about to be thrown their way.