26

Leigh and Tom were sitting in the hospital. Both of them worried that they were losing their baby. Tom held her hand. "You're going to be okay. The baby is going to be okay. I promise," he said as he kissed her hand.

Leigh nodded and sighed. She looked at him. "I'm scared," she mumbled as she wiped away her tears.

"It will be okay. I promise."

Leigh was about to speak when the doctor walked in. He smiled. "Everything is fine with the baby. Your body was just getting ready for labour. You should take it easy though as premature labour won't be easy. And it can result in your baby being in NeoNatal."

"Okay thank you."

Tom smiled as he looked to Leigh. "See. I told you that everything would be okay."

***
Leigh was lying in bed when Charlee walked in. She smiled. "How's my little pudding?" She asked.

"Baking away. I'm at risk of premature labour. So I have to be careful. Are you okay?" Leigh asked.

Charlee shrugged. "I told Max today that I don't care what he wants. I'm keeping the baby. He can like it or lump it. But this is my baby," she said.

Leigh smiled and hugged her. "That's my girl. Show him who's boss. But do not let him hurt you. Okay?"

"Okay."

The door opened and Rachel walked in. She smiled. "How are you doing girls?" She asked.

Leigh shrugged. "I'm at risk from premature labour. So I have to be careful. Charlee has told Max Tyler she's keeping the baby regardless of what he wants. So all in all, a successful day."

Rachel smiled. "Good on you Charlee. Leigh, I think you should take your maternity leave early. I don't want anything happening to the baby," she told her.

Leigh shrugged and sighed. "I was thinking about it. I just don't want to get too bored being here," Leigh said as she saw Tom walking in.

Tom smiled. "Don't worry Rach. I'll make sure she rests and does what she needs to."

"Good. I don't need anything to happen to her. Charlee come on. Let's leave them to it."

***
Leigh and Tom were heading into work. Leigh wanted one last day before she went onto her leave.

Tom smiled. "If you feel the smallest twinge, let me know," he said as he kissed her.

Leigh rolled her eyes and smiled. "I'll be fine. I promise. It's my last day before extended maternity leave. And I can't just silently slip out the door. It'll be fine," she told him.

"Good. I hate worrying about you."

"But you do it anyway," she said as she kissed him.

***
Leigh and Charlee were sitting in the staffroom. Charlee smiled. "I think you're going to give birth in like three weeks or something," she said.

"I don't know. I just don't think I'm ready yet. I'm so scared," she mumbled.

Charlee took her hand and grinned. "You're bound to be. You're having a baby. It won't be easy. But you can do this. You have the mummy bone in your body."

Leigh smiled and sighed. But was she ready to be a mum?