30

Leigh knew how she was heading back to work. She had been off for six weeks now and she was finally ready to head back after having Polly.

She knew how it was going to be hard. But she knew she had to somehow do it. She had to make a living for herself and the little family she had.

Tom had told her to take more time. But she was getting bored sitting in the house all the time. She wanted to get out and do something.

All she knew was that she was anxious about leaving her baby at such a young age.

When morning came, she walked down into the kitchen. Tom was there with Polly. He was singing to her.

Leigh smiled. "She's honestly so cute. I can't believe we made her. Our pretty Polly."

Tom nodded. "We got a cute baby. I think we managed to achieve it. Perfect baby. Our beautiful baby," he said as he kissed her lips gently.

Leigh grinned. She sat down and drank her coffee. Tom handed Polly to her while he went to the toilet. Leigh looked to her. "Mummy is sorry she's leaving you in the crèche. But she needs to make some money for us to have a nice life. Me, you and daddy," she said.

Polly blinked a few times and smiled. Leigh groaned. "You're going to make it so hard for me to leave you."

***
Leigh and Tom went into work. Leigh held her daughter close until they for the crèche. Leigh took a deep breath and sighed. "I can do this. I can do this."

"Hey. Are you okay?"

Leigh turned to see her sister. She sighed. "I'm trying to find the courage to take her in there. She's my baby. And I just can't... I don't know. It's hard."

Charlee smiled. "She'll be okay. I promise you. You just have to somehow talk yourself into doing it. I know you're scared. But she'll be fine. And you can always come and check on her."

Leigh sighed and smiled. "I know. It's just.. I didn't think it would be this hard. It's only been me and her for six weeks. And I've loved it. So her being looked after by someone else is going to be hard."

***
Leigh was in her classroom. She looked up as her class walked in. "Welcome back miss."

"Hey. Okay everybody sit down and get the essays out I hear Mr Tyler gave you," Leigh said as she smiled.

The class all sat down silently. Leigh sighed and sent a text to Charlee and Tom asking one of them to go and check on Polly.

Sambucca Kelly walked over to her. "Miss how's the baby?" She asked.

"She's fine thanks Sam. Go get on with your work," Leigh said as she smiled.

***
As soon as the class was over, Leigh walked to the crèche. She saw Max walking towards her. "Hey. Did you know Charlee plans on giving me the baby when she's born?"

"She mentioned it. But I didn't think she was serious."

Max sighed. "If she's serious, I will talk to her about it. But it's good to see you back again,"'he said.

Leigh walked into the crèche. She saw Tom as he sat there reading Polly a story. She smiled knowing she finally had a perfect family.

But would it last?