29

Leigh sighed as she fed Polly. It had been hard having a newborn. But she loved her little girl and she would do anything for her.

The door opener and Tom walked in. He smiled. "Hey. How's our girl?" He asked as he kissed her.

Leigh nodded. "She's good. She's drinking me dry. I'm not complaining though. She's worth it," she said.

Tom sat on the bed and smiled. He took their daughter while Leigh sorted herself out. She smiled. "I love being her mummy. I just wanna get back to work. I'm so bored," she told him.

Tom nodded and smiled. "I know babe. But you have to take it at your pace. I don't want you overdoing it," he told her.

"I know babe. But I'm just bored."

***
Leigh had decided to go into work. She was going to take Polly into the crèche and spend some time with the staff.

Leigh smiled as she got her daughter changed. She put her in the car seat and smiled. "Let's go baby. Time for you to meet some people," she said as she picked her up.

Within twenty minutes, Leigh arrived at work. Tom was outside with Max. He walked over. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

"We got bored. We really did."

Tom rolled his eyes and took out his daughter. Max smiled. "Congratulations. She's beautiful."

Leigh smiled a little. She looked to him. "Thanks. You'll have this soon enough. You just need to make it work with Charley. She's a good person and she needs your support."

Max nodded. "I'm going to try. I know I've made mistakes. But I want to put that right. For my child," he said.

"Good. My sister deserves the best. You just have to talk to her. I don't know what. But I think something is going on with her. And I don't know what."

***
Leigh walked into the staffroom. She smiled as she saw Charley. "Hey. You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah I'm good. I'm just thinking."

Leigh nodded. "Thinking is good. What's up? Seriously, talk to me. Just tell me what's going on?"

Charley shook her head. She sighed. "It's stupid."

"No it's not. Talk."

"Fine. I wish I had an abortion. I don't want this baby. I don't want to be a mum. I really don't," she said.

Leigh sighed and nodded. She took her hand. "It's going to be okay. I know it is. You'll feel different when you've had her. Okay?"

Charley shook her head and sighed. "No. I don't want to be pregnant. When I've had the baby, Max can have her. It's better that way," she said.

***
Leigh smiled as she walked into Tom's classroom. She looked to him. "Polly loved it in the crèche. She's the cutest baby in there," Tom said as he smiled.

Leigh nodded and smiled. She sat on the desk. "I love you."

"Love you too."

Tom looked to her and smiled. He kissed her. "You're going to be okay. You know they right?" He said.

Leigh shrugged and smiled. She knew how complicated that everything was about to become between her and Tom. But she had no idea just how wrong everything was going to become.