[019] A STEP OUT OF THE CLOSET.

A/N :: IM BACK WITH ANOTHER UPDATE. AFTER LITERAL MONTHS. ( also shameless self promo but i have another saiouma book on my page if youre interested )

IDK WHY PEOPLE STILL READ THIS ITS SO BAD PLEASE
i absolutely hate this story with a passion but im continuing for the sole purpose of wanting to finish a story and for the people that read this lololololol

the chapter is a little short so i apologize for that,, next one will definitely be over 3000 words
also i lost so much motivation so please bare with me 
PLUS I CANT HEAR OUT OF ONE EAR ANYMORE IM LITERALLY HALF DEAF RN SO BARE WITH ME PLEASE.

It was awkward.

Kokichi sat down, twirling a piece of hair on his finger as he looked down at the floor.  Shuichi, looking down at his arms as he fidgeted with his fingers and shuffled together his hands.  Neither of them knew what to say, nor did they know where to start, it was left with an awkward aura laying in the air and an almost dead-like silence.  Not knowing what to do, Kokichi cleared his throat, practically desperate to start up a chat or... something.  "Soooo...the weather were having?  Pretty nice, right?"

Shuichi giggled, "That's a conversation."

Kokichi perked up and smiled.  Shuichi was one of the cutest people he had ever met in his entire life.  That giggle reminded him of all of that.

"Well, the awkwardness of the silence was killing me, I had to say something!"  Kokichi exclaimed, flailing his arms around as Shuichi just watched.

Shuichi suddenly shook his head.  No more getting off track, he had to confront Kokichi about what happened.

"I think,"  Shuichi bit on the sole of his thumb, "We should talk about what happened..."

"What happened?  I'm completely clueless!"  Kokichi exclaimed, leaning back in the chair he was sitting in and crossing his legs.  Shuichi knew he wasn't clueless, but figured that he probably didn't want to talk about it; but Shuichi knew they had to talk about it.  They couldn't just keep putting it off and acting like it didn't happen.

Shuichi sighed, "Kokichi please..."

"Really!  Enlighten me!  I don't have a clue of what you are talking about."

"The kiss,"  Shuichi said blankly, "You don't remember when you kissed me?"  He said, a little saddened by Kokichi's desperate attempts at avoiding the conversation.

Kokichi frowned, "Well why didn't you just say that's what you were talking about?"  He laughed a little, but when Shuichi didn't follow, it died down pretty quickly, "Obviously I remember when we kissed.  Why does it matter?"

"Why does it matter?  Really, Kokichi?  You kissed me!"  Shuichi crossed his arms as his eyes downturned slightly, "You kissed me and then ran away...  You didn't even tell me why you did it, you just ran.  And I haven't a clue why.  Do you like me?  Why are you avoiding me?  Are you afraid to tell me something?  What is it, Kokichi?"

"I trust you, Kokichi.  I really do.  I don't care that you lie, I feel like that's just what makes you so special.  And...I like you.  I like you a lot, more than friends.  Getting to know you, getting to know who you are, was fun.  I'm so glad I could get to know you.  If you don't like me back, I understand.  I won't push it; but Kokichi, just please don't lie to me.  Not again."

Kokichi stayed silent, Shuichi taking in the way his entire stature had shifted suddenly.  How now instead of his legs being crossed, they were planted directly on the ground and tensed up in a way that would obviously present uncomfortableness.  His hands were stuck by his sides and his face was completely unreadable—blank even.