Longing

Jennie POV

I was in the car with Kai, he called me early in the morning telling me he wanted to have breakfast with me... well he basically dragged my ass off the bed.. 

"So tell me about everything.. was it weird to finally see each other again?" he asked out of curiosity.. "Weird is an understatement.. there were times I wanted to rip my head off just as an excuse not to be there." I said

He laughed at me.. and said "Don't be so dramatic.. at least the first encounter is over." I nodded and continued to stare out the window.. wondering if I should tell him about what happened after I got home.. but a part of me doesn't want him to think ill of Lisa because she is dating her sister. 

Flashback to last night

As I stepped outside I saw her leaning on her car looking at me.. Run.. I told myself.. but my body kept moving closer to her.. 

"Jen.." she started.. "What are you doing here Lisa.. it's late.." I asked.. "I wanted to talk to you.." she responded.. "couldn't it wait til tomorrow or you could have texted me." I suggested..

"No I want to talk to you in person." she said again.. "Okay, well here we are.. what is it that you needed to talk to me about and does Rosie know you are here?" a question I asked both inside my mind and out loud. 

"Uhh.. Rosie? yeah I guess she knows I am here." she replied.. she guesses? "anyway.. I missed you Jen.. I missed you so much." my heart breaking at the sound of her voice saying those words.. badly did I want to say.. I missed you too.. I miss you so much.. but I held it together. 

"Lisa.." I began.. she interrupted me.. "Let me finish.. life has not been the same since we stopped talking and I know it was no ones fault.. but I..I.." she began to cry... no my Lisa.. don't cry... again words I could not say out loud. She continued "I wake up everyday with a piece of me that I feel is missing.. sometimes I can't sleep knowing that I can't have you close." 

Why is she saying all these things? As much as I love her.. I will not be the reason that her and Rosie break up. "What do you want from me Lisa?" I asked.. 

"B..be my best friend again.." was all she could say in between sobs.. best friend?..is that all she wants us to be? Here I go contradicting everything I just said. 

"I will always be your best friend Lisa." I assured her.. she finally smiled and hugged me.. "Thank you Jen, this means so much. Lets start over.. I will never let anything get in the way of our friendship anymore." she said

After that we just caught up even more, and I admit.. it felt great to have her back in my life again.. even if she doesn't know that I am longing for more. 

Present day

"Jennie???" Kai snaps his fingers in front of my face as he is trying to get my attention..."uhh what what? sorry! I spaced out." I said.. "You think?? I said we are here!" he said pointing to the restaurant. 

We made our way in and ordered our food "Oh Jennie.. you are way too obvious.. its bad enough you left me for someone.. but for you to come out here and still think about her.. the audacity.." he playfully said.. 

"I'm sorry Kai hahaha from now on my attention is all on you!" I said happily

"Don't make me Jealous now." I heard a voice behind me.. Lisa.. damn it.. why is she always popping up out of no where.. 

"Lisa.. you're here too!" I said.. "Yeah.. Rosie is parking the car.." she replied.. "Anyway, what was so important that you called all of us out here, Kai." she added

I gave Kai a look as if I was asking him what the hell he is planning. He just smiled and said "Let's wait for my sister and I will tell you." 

Just then Rosie came in and said Hi to everyone as she took her seat.. "Ok now tell us" Lisa repeated..

"So I was thinking.. It would be great to go on a trip for a week.." he said looking at us.. 

We all gave excuses as to why now is not the best time.. in frustration he raises his voice.. "I ALREADY BOUGHT TICKETS TO THE BAHAMAS.. NOW HELP ME PLAN MY PROPOSAL YOU IDIOTS." we all stared at each other and it was silent for a few seconds.. 

Later we all screamed our congratulations... but in the back of my mind all I was thinking was... shit.. a week.. with them.. will I survive?