Chapter 39

Ladybug knelt down in front of Calypso and offered her a hand. Calypso looked at the hand and then up at Ladybug, tears streaming down her face.

"How can you be so nice to me after everything I've done? I've been horrible!" said Calypso. Things had gotten so out of control. She had been so narrowly focused on her one goal that she didn't even think about what could have happened to her by letting herself be akumatized or what fate could have fallen on Ladybug if her identity had been revealed. Would Hawk Moth actually have tried to kill her? What had she let herself become? And for money? Pride?

"It's true, you haven't really been the nicest, Calypso," said Ladybug with a small smile.

Calypso gave a small snort, amused by Ladybug's down playing of the events of the past weeks. She accepted Ladybug's hand and they each helped the other to stand.

"By the way, my name's Calandra," she said as a peace offering. "And you are?" She watched Ladybug frown and quickly added "I'm just joking. I think I will be perfectly happy to never think about that particular mystery again." She then lowered her voice to say "though I'm pretty sure I know the secret."

"Get out of my way, you big ape!" came a voice near the stairs. "That's my boy over there!"

Luka heard his mother's voice and motioned for security to let her through. Anarka rushed over to Luka and gave him a crushing hug. "Are you all right?" she asked him.

"Yes, I think we're all okay," he said as his mom released his hold on her. He saw Juleka slowly approach and he gestured her over. "Everyone's okay?" he asked her.

Juleka nodded as she accepted a hug from her brother and then her mom. "We all hid," she mumbled.

Jagged swaggered up next, holding hands with Penny. They were both grinning, quite pleased at their new relationship status. "Well, if everyone's okay, then we have a show to put on, right?" he said. His eyes settled on Calypso. "But, what are we going to do about her?"

Luka looked thoughtful for a moment before saying "I think I have an idea. Cat Noir, do you think you could stay with Calypso- I mean Calandra- until the end of the show?"

"Sure. I've got some time," he said. He then added "unlike her" as he pointed to Ladybug a second before her earrings started to beep.

"Oops! I've gotta go. Let me know later what your idea is, okay?" Ladybug asked Luka. As soon as he nodded, she used her yoyo to race off.

"Let's Rock 'N' Roll!" said Jagged. He reluctantly let go of Penny's hand and headed back to the stage followed by Luka and the rest of the band.

The second half of the show almost made everyone forget what had happened earlier because all of the musicians played together better than they ever had. The audience roared their appreciation.

"Kitty Section's going to come back and join us for our last song aptly titled, if I do say so myself, 'Adieu, Paris'!" said Jagged and the teenagers hurried over and took their places with Jagged's band. Luka could hardly believe that this was the last song he would play with Kitty Section. He had helped Jagged write it and it expressed all of his feelings about the sadness of leaving his band and home but the excitement of going on tour and getting to do something that he loved every day. The song started out a bit melancholy, but picked up energy in the middle and then ended strongly, the last chords seeming to reverberate all across Paris. The crowd was at first silent as they listened to the last echos of the music that signaled the end of the night and then they cheered.

Jagged and all of the musicians on stage bowed and then they all left Jagged to take the final bow by himself. He waved and then exited the stage.