10: Training Camp

Izumi: apologies for late updates! Im still figuring out how to write a chapter while having work! Thank you for your patience :)

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

Jinko lined up at the goal line and Miyuki stood a distance away with the ball on the ground. He took a few steps back and Jinko started running to stop him. Surprisingly, Gion was the fastest one as he dived to stop the kick. He wasn’t fast enough to stop the kick however, but he managed to make Miyuki miss the goal.

The managers and the others on the sidelines let out a sigh of relief.

However, they didn’t manage to continue the match since time has run out. The two teams lined up on the field facing each other.

“Next time, I’ll definitely win!” Gion exclaimed and his grip on his headgear got tighter.

“Good game!” 

On with Chapter 10:

3RD PERSON POV

A couple of days after the practice match, the team was having a short briefing after practice in their clubroom. 

While the members were finding a spot on the floor, Sekizan walked up to the front before announcing that they would be having a training camp at school and (Y/n) and Umeno were sitting with each other at the side.

"A training camp at school?!" the team exclaimed, out of shock and out of excitement, 

"It'll be for five days during Golden Week. We've already gotten our advisor's approval" Sekizan added and the team cheered.

"All right! Yeah!"

"That sounds fun!"

"Should we bring our futons?"

However, their cheering stopped when Sekizan added one more piece if information. "We'll be practicing from morning to night." 

"Did our advisor say he was coming, too?" Matsuo decided to break the silence, but received no response in return. "I see.."

"When was the last time he even showed up?" Hirota asked no one in particular. 

"In any case, it's less than two weeks until the training camp. We'll keep practicing hard till then." "Hai!"

Everyone picked up their bags before leaving the clubroom to head back home. Hachioji, Sekizan, and (Y/n) decided to stay a little longer, and also because Sekizan doesn't allow his friend to go home especially at this hour. Umeno was allowed to go home since her house was neaby anyways, so she said her goodbye and walked out with the other members.

"We did plan to go away for our training camp.." Hachioji mentioned. 

"But with our advisor…" Sekizan pointed out. 

"If only we had someone to lead us properly." (Y/n) sighed while pacing around the room.

Suddenly, the pile of tackle shields that were stacked in the corner started moving. It seemed like something was under it?

"Woah!" Hachioji exclaimed when Gion's upper body popped out from beneath and was looking around the room dazedly. "Gion? What on earth are you doing?" 

"I was sleeping, sir." his voice really showed that he had just woken up from a nap.

"Raita did this, didn't he?" (Y/n) asked rhetorically since she already the answer. Who else would do this?

"C'mon." (Y/n) stuck her hand out to the firsr year, who grabbed it while still trying to process his surroundings. He lets out a small exclaim when he was suddenly pulled up onto his feet.

"In any case, let's do what we can." "Oh, yeah."

The four of them then excited the clubroom and locked it up. When they've walked pass the gates, the group split up with Gion heading the opposite direction from the third years.

"Later."

"Bye, Gion!"

"Yawn.." (Y/n) yawned as she was walking to the clubroom with her two close friends. 

"Didn't get enough sleep?" Hachioji asked just to fill in the silence. "Mhm.." the manager hummed as a response.

"I'm so sleepy. When did you guys wake up this morning?" 

"Five."

"I got up at four."

They saw a group of underclassmen in front of them, strolling to the clubroom. "Quit wasting time!" Sekizan shouted and they began to walk faster, almost at a jogging speed.

"Our five-day training camp begins today." Sekizan announced while standing in front of a whiteboard, facing the others who were sitting on the floor and the two managers were standing by the side.

"I'm sure all of you are aware of what our team is lacking after our match against Keijo. If you have any thoughts or suggestions, share them. First years, don't be shy. Let's make this a fruitful training camp." 

Although she was standing up, (Y/n) was on the brink on falling asleep as her head was bobbing as she tried to stay awake.

"(Y/n), wake up!"

"Wha- Huh?"

"Yaawn Hnnggrhmph." (Y/n) let out another yawn and a groan while she was making the sports drinks for the team with Umeno.

"Are you sure you're okay, senpai?" it was the umpteenth she heard her yawn and it was to say the least, concerning.

"Mm yeah. Just didn't get much sleep." she answered before sighing. "I was reading a book/watching a show and the story was too good.. I didn't want to stop." All she got was a laugh from her junior before they heard a shout.

They turned their heads to see Ebumi grabbing Gion by the collar and was shouting at him for making a mistake. 

"Are we gonna-" "They'll be fine."

The managers turned back and continued making the drinks until they realized the unusual silence. They looked back at the players and followed their line of sight to see who they were looking at. 

"Who's that?" Umeno asked and (Y/n) quickly rushed towards the man. "Excuse me, sir. You're not allowed to be on school grounds unless-" "Quiet..." she was silenced.

"You're all too inefficient."

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※