30: Thank you

Izumi: last chapter ✌️

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

"Go, Mutsumi!" Hachioji ran to the goal with little to no obstructions thanks to his teammates.

"Try!"

The sidelines were cheering.

"All right!"

Everyone's excitement increased when Oharano made the kick, earning an extra two points.

"We made the kick! Its 12-0!" Umeno pointed out and was jumping beside her friends.

"Jinko's on a roll!"

On with Chapter 30:

3RD PERSON POV

"12-0, Jinko's leading!"

The first half of the game had ended and the players were going to their sides of the field to rest. The managers, Yoshida, and Miki and her uncle were standing behind Komori who was the first one to speak.

"What's gotten into you guys? I hardly recognize you out there." Komori said and it confused the players. "You're all fearlessly putting yourselves out there. You're still not as fast as they are, but you are reactive to them. You're looking good. But don't let it get to your heads. They'll come at us during the second half."

"Don't forget the focus you had in the first half. That's all. Fight with everything you got!"

"Yes, sir!"

After that small speech, the managers, plus Miki, did their usual duties in handing out the water and towels for the players whilst chatting with them in between.

"Mutsumi! You were pretty cool out there!" (Y/n) ran over to her two best friends and gave them their water. "You too, Taku!"

"Thanks, (Y/n). Thanks for cheering for me too." Hachioji said and it made the manager's face red from embarrassment. Yeah she supports her friends, but thinking back to it made her realize how excited she had gotten from the match.

...

"The second half will now begin!"

The players went back to the field and waited for the kick off that will be done by Oharano.

"Jinko!"

"Go!"

(Y/n) changed her position to stand beside Matsuo this time and noticed him flinching when the game started. "Matsuo, are you okay?" she asked and he didn't seem to hear her. She waited for a few seconds in case he was slowly processing her question before asking again, "Mats-" "Jinko!"

His sudden shout scared her and made her flinch back. He was so invested in the intense match between Jinko and Ryoin that he really didn't hear what the manager asked at all. Funny enough, his ignorance reassured her. Turning back to the match, she joined in on the cheering, "Go Jinko!"

...

"Jinko's failure to release the ball!" a ruck had occurred when Sekizan got tackled. He failed to release the ball just like what the referee had said when the players started piling up on him, causing him to be stuck underneath.

"Taku! Don't mind!" A series of reassurance could be heard from Jinko's side before the ball was kicked out of the field for a lineout.

"Jinko, don't let them through!"

"They're leaving a pretty large gap." (Y/n) pointed out when she saw how spread out Ryoin's line was. "Interesting play..."

THe ball was then thrown to the back of the line. The player was lifted up to catch the ball and Jinko tried to steal the ball. Quick thinking, the player passed the ball to their flanker who then ran towards the goal line. He maneuvered his way through his opponents and threw himself to the goal.