(2)Who are The Enhanced?

No Perspective

The ship comes to a landing at the Avengers Facility. The doors open and two Korean doctors come to rush Clint into the building as he'd been struck during the battle at the HYDRA base. Natasha follows by his side as they talk to Dr. Cho and explain the situation with Clint now in a stretcher.

Thor then exits the ship with the sceptre in hand and makes his way into the facility, passing Agent Hill, and leaving Tony and Steve aboard.

"Lab's all set up, boss." Agent Hill announced upon her entry to the ship. The boys turn their heads to see her.

"Oh, actually, he's the boss." Tony points at Steve. "I just pay for everything and design everything and make everyone look cooler." He says with his unbothered tone.

"What's the word on Strucker?" Steve asks. "NATO's got him" She replies as Steve gets up and leads her off the ship.

"And the enhanced?" He questions as Agent Hill turns her tablet to face him revealing a video of the enhanced kids in what looked to be a protest.

"Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins. And their younger sister, Y/N Maximoff." She explained, handing the images of them over to Steve.

"Orphaned at ages 10 and 4 when a shell collapsed their apartment building." She continues as the two walk into the Facility and head for the elevator. "The sister was believed to be dead with their parents, but... that's not the case here."

Steve furrows his brows at her last sentence.

"Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special, but it's on the way to 'everywhere special'." Agent Hill says with a mellow tone.

"Their abilities?" Steve digs for more detail.

"He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. His twin's thing is neurological interfacing, telekinesis, and mental manipulation. The youngest, on the other hand, has all of the above." She went on.

Hill then notices Steve's confused look on his face as he clearly has no idea what that means. "He's fast; The girls are weird." She simplified.

"Well, they're going to show up again." He states as he waits for the elevator doors to open.

"Agreed. The file says they volunteered for Strucker's experiments. It's nuts." She says to him as he walks into the now open elevator.

"Right. What kind of monster would let a German Scientist experiment on them to protect their country?" Steve says with a hint of sarcasm.

"We're not at war, Captain." She shoots back with a slight head tilt.

"They are." He states as the elevator doors close, leaving Agent Hill on the other side, morally ending their discussion.

As Steve rides the elevator down to the main level he thought to himself. Orphaned at ages 10 and 4... that means the youngest is only 14 or 15 years old. They're only kids yet, they're taking part in such a big operation. Why?

• • •