(8)Post-Distriction

No Perspective

The Avengers left the salvage yard, slightly out of focus in result of the events that just took place. Although Y/n was able to reverse the mind control on Natasha, Steve, and Thor, she was unable to help Dr. Banner, leading him to nearly destroying an entire city.

Bruce sits on the floor, wrapping himself in a dark coloured blanket, still trying to calm himself down from what he did.

Disappointment lingers throughout the ship like it's part of the air. Nobody says a word as they're all too busy trying to grasp the idea of what happened this evening. Thor is rather shaken from what he saw in his vision, and he knows he has to do something to find answers.

"The News is loving you guys," Agent Hill says over the ship's radio call. "Nobody else is." She continues.

"There's been no official call for Banner's arrest but it's in the air." She says.

"Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony asks.

"Already on the scene." Hill replies.

"How's the team?" She asks him in a softer voice.

"Everyone's..." Tony pauses and looks back at the team. "We took a hit. We'll shake it off." He answers and faces the screen again.

"The youngest enhanced, what did you say her name was?" Tony asks while fiddling with something in his hands.

"Y/n Maximoff." Agent Hill replies with a slight tone of confusion. "Why do you ask?"

"She helped us." Steve chimes in. "Reversed the mind control her and her sister had created."

"We think she may be having some doubts about what team she's rooting for." Tony adds. Agent Hill nods as she thinks for a moment. She definitely didn't expect that.

"We'll look into it. For now, I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here." Hill tells them.

"So, run and hide?" Tony remarks.

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer." She replies with a shrug, causing Tony to let out a sigh.

"Neither do we." He states while turning around to look at his damaged team before ending the call with Agent Hill and offering to drive so Clint could rest.

"No, I'm good. If you want to get some kip, now would be a good time. We're still a few hours out." Clint replies to Tony's offer.

"Few hours from where?" Tony asks a bit confused.

"A safe house." Clint replies, giving absolutely no detail.

Tony nods and goes to go sit with the rest of the team. As he takes a seat, he lets out a sigh. Steve looks at him and waits for him to say something.

"How do we know that we can trust this kid?" Tony asks him in a quiet voice, leaning his arms on his thighs. It's not often that Tony goes to people for advice, let alone Steve. They've always had a sort of unspoken feud.

"I can see it in her eyes... She doesn't want to fight." Steve replies confidently.

"What? So because you saw something in her that just means we forget about what happened to Banner?" He asks somewhat harshly, definitely expecting more of a concrete answer.

"That wasn't her doing. It was her sister's." Steve snaps back.

"They had a plan, Rogers." Tony says slightly raising his voice. "The three of them knew what they were doing and it hurt more than just the team." He continues, lowering his voice and sitting up more straight.

"They're kids, Stark." Steve says firmly while keeping eye contact with Tony.

"So, we should just forgive them? Put them on a time-out, move on without a second thought?" He scoffs rhetorically.

"I'm just saying, maybe we should reconsider how we approach them. See where we can get with the youngest before trying to take them all down." Steve replies sternly.

Tony sits there for a moment with his eyes on the floor processing Steve's words. He then stands up and walks back to his seat at the front of the ship near Clint without saying a word back.

• • •