(10)Fury's Visit

The team occupies Clint's kitchen, staggered around while listening to Fury talk about Ultron and the Maximoff siblings. Yeah, Fury showed up- there was no difficult-tractor. He was waiting to talk to Stark in the barn.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something." Fury explains. "Considering the amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing."

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asks.

"Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy is multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit." Fury jokes. "It still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans, though."

"Do we have an ally?" Natasha asks from her seat at Clint's kitchen table.

"Ultron's got an enemy. That's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is." Fury responds. "Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission. And whether or not he admits it, his mission is global destruction." He states. A chill hits the room as the Avengers realize just how bad the situation is.

"As much as I hate to admit it, if we don't find a way to get those kids on our side, he may succeed." Natasha replies to Fury and looks around the room.

"Well, according to Cap we might have one of them." Tony replies as he leans against the door frame. Steve's eyes shoot towards him as he realizes, maybe Tony did listen.

The rest of the team turn their hopeful gaze towards Steve.

"Maybe." Steve says quietly.

"Ultron is trying to evolve. Using those kids is simply to distract and destroy us before he targets the world." Bruce chimes in.

"Ultron is going to evolve." Bruce states once more, catching the attention of the group.

"How?" Fury asks.

"Has anyone been in contact with Dr. Cho?" Bruce says looking around the room. "She has the advanced technology to create what Ultron wants. If he gets his hands on that..." He shakes his head. "it'll be game over."

•   •   •