(17)You Get Killed... Walk it Off

As the ground begins to shake, I can feel it... Something's coming.

I look around myself to see hundreds of super bots emerging from the ground. Climbing up walls, flying around the sky.

When I hear people screaming it's clear to me that they are more important than Stark's backup.

"Steve, I'm gonna take care of the bots. You think Tony can handle himself for now?" I ask over the comms.

"Yes, go!" Steve yells. I shoot up into the air and blast at any bots in my path. Using my magic to grab hold of them and crush them, or slam them onto the ground.

"Get off the bridge!" I hear Wanda yelling at civilians as Clint shoots the bots with electric arrows.

I watch as a bot with a large gun machine approaches my sister and the dozens of citizens behind her.

"Behind you!" I yell from the sky. Wanda quickly turns around and creates a force field, covering all the innocent people behind her.

"Run!" She tells them all. As they run away, the machine's force becomes too much for her to handle and knocks her down. Immediately, I land behind the bot and use my power to grab ahold of it's body.

I put one hand out in front of me and swung the other hand to the side, ripping the bot apart.

I drop it and when I look to find Wanda, she's gone. As important as she is to me, I know she can take care of herself, and there are more people who need my help.

I'm about to jump into the air when I feel the ground shaking again, only this time it's much more powerful.

I look down and see the ground breaking apart, crumbling into rubble and separating from itself. As the ground slowly starts to raise, I use my powers to push any nearby civilians onto the even ground.

Then I hear a bridge, that was not far from me, start to crumble. Instantly I fly up and find the crumbling structure as empty cars begin to fall into the dust.

I land on the bridge next to Steve and we watch as the city starts to fly.

"Do you see the beauty of it? The inevitability?" Ultron's voice echoes throughout the city.

"You rise, only to fall... You, Avengers, are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword and the earth will crack with the weight of your failure." He speaks as I hold onto the side of the bridge in attempt to keep my balance.

"Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal." He finishes creepily.

As his words end, I feel the presence of a bots approaching me. I turn around quickly, with my arms in an 'X' shape, using my powers to grasp them. Once I have them in my hold, I swing my arms out to the sides and allow the red magic to pull them all apart.

I turn back to face Steve and watch his wide eyes look around at the bots I just killed effortlessly.

"What?" I ask him as I breathe heavily. He looks directly at me and nods his head before he speaks.

"Nice moves, kid." He says. When he turns to look over the edge of the bridge, one of Ultron's bots flies directly at him and picks him up off the ground.

It begins to fly over the road full of parked cars but before it can get too far, I lift my hand up and blast its back, killing it. Steve falls out of the air as the bot explodes, and he lands on a car's windshield.

"Cap, you got incoming." Tony says over comms.

"Incoming already came in." Steve replies, grunting. He flinches at the sound of the Sokovians screaming and super bots crashing into buildings as he gets off the car.

"Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job; Tear these things apart." Steve says into our comms.

"You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed... walk it off." He finishes. I roll my eyes as I blast yet another bot that flys above me.

The bridge beneath me grows weaker and I realize that not all the cars have been evacuated. I hear a woman screaming and when I turn to find her, Steve already started running to her. I speed up to the red car with the woman inside as Steve grabs on to the back bumper.

He holds on for a few seconds before it snaps off and starts plummeting to the ground. I try my best to grab ahold of it with my magic but I'm growing weaker as the mission goes on.

I hold onto the car as my red magic floats around it like a coat. I grunt and hold my breath as my knees grow weaker from trying to keep my magic intact longer.

"Cap, I can't hold it much longer!" I yell as my knees bend from me straining my muscles while I try to keep my grasp.

"Just hold on, Y/n. You can do this." He assures me as he looks down off the edge of the bridge. I hold on for as long as I can, when suddenly I feel a familiar presence.

It's Thor. He's flying up from the bottom half of the city.

"Tell Thor to catch her!" I shout as my body grows more tired. Steve nods.

"Thor! Get her out of there!" Steve yells to him as he approaches us. Finally, my body gives out. I collapse onto the ground, and pant trying to catch my breath as the woman in the car starts to fall again.

Thor spins down towards the car as Steve hits a super bot with a pole in attempt to keep it away from my limp, tired body.

Thor takes the woman's hand and launches her up into the air. Steve jumps down and holds onto a thick wire that was in the concrete of the broken bridge, as he grabs onto the woman's wrist and pulls her up, Thor dives farther down the cliff to save another car.

"Don't look down, just look at me." He says in attempt to calm to redheaded woman. He makes his way back up to the bridge and the woman runs off as another super bot approaches them.

"You can't save them all." One of Ultron's bots says, jogging towards Steve and I. I slowly sit up as the bot gets closer and closer to us.

"You'll never-" The bot begins to say but gets cut off when I lift my left hand towards it and magic swirls around my fingers. Then I push my right hand forward and send a blast of energy through it, causing the bot to burst.

I put my hands back down on the ground as I sit on my knees and huff trying to catch my breath. Seconds later, a car lands across from me, and Thor lands on top of it.

Steve gives me his hand to help me up as Thor jumps off the car. The two men look at me for a moment while they catch their breath and then look at eachother.

"You're sure she's fourteen?" Thor askes Steve. He shrugs in response and we jog off the bridge and into the city; Where the fight has only gotten worse.

• • •