5

Dylan

I sit impatiently at the table Chelsea said she would be waiting at. She's already 3 minutes late.

I open my lunchbox.

Chelsea

I look up from my book that I had finally gotten into. It's lunchtime.

I have to meet him.

Crap.

I pull myself off the bathroom floor and grab my bag. Then I open my stall door and walk through the crowd to the cafeteria, dodging people and questions as I go. I reach the cafeteria, only six minutes late. I see him, and he's already sweated through his shirt.

We're not even outside.

I walk to him cooly and sit across from him.

"I'm Chelsea Moore, and you are?" I tilt my head to the side a bit. He looks startled, I'm not sure if it's because I sat down suddenly or because he's nervous.

"Uh, I'm Dylan O'Brien."

"And why do you seem to be everywhere?"

"I don't know... I'm.. I'm not following you or anything, I'm really not!" Dylan stammers.

I roll my eyes and study him. I can tell that Dylan is about to jump out of his skin.

"Dylan, how do you know me?"

"W-What?"

I sigh. "How do you know my name?"

"Uh, I don't know..." He looks away, obviously uncomfortable.

"Spit it out."

"I don't remember, I just read it somewhere, I think..."

"Read?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"No, uh, heard, I guess. I don't know."

"Whatever." I stand up.

"Wait!" Dylan says.

I look at him.

"Aren't you going to, you know, eat?"

"I didn't bring lunch."

"Oh."

I shrug and walk back to my bathroom stall.

Dylan

She must hate me. All I did was creep her out even more when there's obviously something wrong, deeper than the robbery. She would only talk to guidance of there was really no other options.

How is she so calm with else everything happening to her? Is it all just background noise?

Guidance earlier. She sounded like she was falling apart. Did something change? She sounded so utterly normal just now. It was startling. She also looked great, aside from the bruises.

I forgot to ask her about her bruises. But I know how they got there, and if she walks in with more, I'm probably going to be charged with assault.

I wish Chelsea would just talk to me. I really want to know her. I want to help her.

Chelsea

He's just like the others.

He thinks he can solve all my problems.

At least I made Dylan nervous. He'll be more cautious around me now.

I almost want him to be different from the others, but he's not. I only want it because he's extremely attractive, and he actually seems to care. Nobody cares. I guess I should be craving attention, but I don't.

More than anything, I just want Becky safe.

I'd rather have that than anything.