6

Chelsea

Saturday.

Becky and I slip out of the house before Phillip awakens. Becky's suppose to go to a friend's house for the day, and I get to go to work.

Fun.

Not really.

Becky and I walk, her friend's house is only a couple blocks away. Neither of us says much, and we're engulfed in silence, but it's not awkward. Being around Becky feels normal, even though I know that something has changed. I'm in new territory, but it seems so familiar.

Weird.

I walk Becky to the door. Her friend lives in the wealthier part of the neighborhood, so I'm not concerned about anything happening to her.

She hasn't had a friend over in a while.

-

My shift at IHOP starts at 9. I walk in the front doors and sign in, then wait for customers.

An elderly man comes inside alone.

"Hey doll," he says in his old man voice. He winks oddly.

"Good morning, sir," I say, slightly unsettled. "Can I get you a table?"

"A table for two," he says with a double wink.

I gulp. "Okay, follow me."

I lead him to his seat and get him a menu.

After about ten minutes, the old man has his drink, and his order is in place. Then, just to my luck, Dylan O'Brien and his friend enter the building.

Crap.

I walk over, very uncomfortable, and take them to a booth, at Dylan's request. I get their drinks and pretend I don't recognize either one of them. Then I take their orders.

Two glasses of orange juice and a pot of coffee. Two mugs.

I walk back over to their table. "Okay, here you-"

"Hey doll, is my order ready?"

"Not yet, sir," I tell the elderly, slightly annoyed.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. It'll be up in a couple minutes."

He doesn't reply, just walks right past me. He knocks into me with his shoulder and I fall forward, dropping all the glasses in my hand. They shatter on the floor while I hit my head on the corner of the table. I hear Dylan make a distressed noise.

I can't help but to yelp as my nose collides with the floor. I'm face down. I'm startled and shocked. This old man thinks he can push me down?

I sit up slowly, trying to hide my anger.

Dylan

My first thought: cold cold cold!

Sticky, cold orange juice spills all over my white t-shirt.

I watch Thomas help Chelsea back to her feet. There's blood coming from her nose and a gash on her temple. Just as the bruises started to fade away... this? Poor Chelsea.

I want to be with her, but can she even tell?

Chelsea

Double crap.

I'll have to pay for the broken stuff, and I'll probably get fired for this. I get up and walk to the bathroom, ignoring everyone. Then I rinse my face and go back to Dylan's table, handing the old man his strawberry pancakes on the way.

I may or may not have spit in them.

I sweep up the broken glass and wipe up the orange juice.

"Im really sorry, guys, you'll get a huge discount on your meal," I say softly, not the slightest bit embarrassed.

Probably because I don't care.

"It's okay," Dylan says immediately, and he's unable keep the smirk off his face.

I glare at him and walk back off to get them food. I blush slightly.

I totally ruined Dylan's shirt.