eighteen

"God Colson just roll the fucking blunt already!" Claire says annoyed with how long we've all been sitting here talking and still no joint has been smoked.

"Alright alright jesus calm down women." He says as he starts to prepare to roll a joint.

I stare, mesmerized as he rolls the paper and soon lights the blunt bringing it up to his mouth.

I was incredibly surprised with myself that I had made it so long without smoking weed. It was pretty fucking remarkable if you asked me.

"Shae?" Taken out from my thoughts, I turn to Megan who held the joint out to me.

I swiftly took it from her small, manicured fingers, placing the joint in between my lips. The smoke intoxicated my lungs and flowed through my body.

God have I missed this feeling.

Realizing I was probably taking to long, I took the joint out from my mouth and quickly passed it Claire.

"Missed it didn't you?" She says smirking as she took the joint from me.

"God yes, I was surprised I made it so long without smoking it."

"Yeah how the fuck did you of all people manage to not smoke weed for so long?" Megan asks me with a confused smile.

I shake my head and laugh

"I think it helped that Pete also took a break from smoking, since he was the one who was stopping me from doing it."

"Dude? Pete not smoking weed? For this long? He must have a fucking crush on you or something for him to go through with that." Colson chimes in looking at me in complete shock.

I was hoping no one would notice my cheeks blush as he said that.

"Yeah okay Colson." I say laughing at his comment before lying flat on the bed we were all sitting on.

Eventually the joint was back to me, and I gladly took it and inhaled the smoke I so dearly missed.

-

I woke up in an empty room.

I rubbed my eyes in an attempt to wake myself up more. Looking around, I noticed everyone had left and gone home.

Directing my gaze towards the window I notice it is pitch dark outside.

Damn how long was I out?

I turn to reach for my phone that rested on the bed next to me. My eyes needed a second to adjust to bright light but once they did I saw that the time was 2:25 am.

I turn my phone back off and set it back down by my side.

My thoughts begin to drift off to Pete. He was acting so strange earlier. Or I guess I should say yesterday.

I was really worried about him. I had never seen him act this way. I was tempted to reach out and text Casey to see if she would have any idea why he was acting the way he was, but I remembered that she was at a friends house and I didn't want to worry or bother her.

I sigh loudly before sitting up and moving towards the edge of the bed. I look down at my feet that swung freely, inches away from touching the cold floor.

Yawning, I step onto the cold hardwood and begin to walk towards the bedroom door. Reaching the door handle, I turn around to find a sweatshirt, as I notice myself becoming cold.

I walk over to my dresser, opening the drawer that held my sweatshirts. I search through it when I land on a sweatshirt that I didn't recognize as my own.