twenty

"I still don't understand why I can't go to the club with you guys."

It was later in the night now and Pete and I were headed to a club to meet up with Colson and Megan. They invited us pretty last minute but Pete was persistent in the two of us going. Now Casey was the one being persistent in trying to persuade her older brother into letting her tag along.

"Sorry, not old enough." Pete responds shrugging his shoulders and grabbing his car keys off of the counter.

"Pete I'm fucking 21!"

I glance over to Casey who was sitting on the couch, her head leaned back to look at the both of us.

"Damn I thought you would've forgot." He says smiling at his sister as he nears closer to the front door.

"Listen Casey I promise you and I can go out together, just the two of us." I say hoping to end the argument between the two siblings, seeing if the fight were to go any longer we would be late.

"Alright fine, but Pete is not coming along." She says to me in all seriousness

"Like I said just the two of us." Smiling at her I walk towards Pete who was waiting impatiently

"Bye Casey." Pete says shortly before swinging the front door open and stepping out onto the porch.

"Have fun dick face." Casey yells back to him

I laugh and wave goodbye before stepping outside, closing the door behind me.

Pete was already waiting by his car so I quickly made my way to the passenger side door giving him a small smile.

"Your going to regret making that deal with my sister." Pete says to me as he climbs into the driver seat, me doing the same as I climb into the passenger seat.

"Cmon Pete you should have let her come."

I turn to face him with a serious look.

"Shae I promise you, you wouldn't have wanted her there." He says shaking his head and chuckling before starting the car and pulling out of the driveway.

"And why is that?"

Pete turns to glance at me with a smirk across his face.

"By the first ten minutes of her being there she would already be shit faced drunk and we would've been the ones to watch her the entire night."

I smile. "She really is a college kid huh?"

"Yup." He says smiling as he stares out the windshield.

It was already some time past nine, so the sun had started to set. I stare out my side window and admire the colorful skies that seemed to be straight out of a painting.

"Hey, you look nice." Pete suddenly says

I look away from the window and give him a shy smile. He looks away from the road to look me up and down. It was almost intimidating.

"Thanks, you too."

"I try." He jokes directing his eyes back to the road.

I really wasn't wearing anything special. The invite had been so last minute that I didn't really have time to prepare a "look"

Thankfully, Megan had insisted on buying me a dress due to the fact I had none in my closet. Unlike her, I wasn't really the "dress wearing type." If it would have been up to me I would have worn a simple pair of jeans and some sort of nicer looking top. But Megan's voice saying "trust me, every girl needs at least one dress to make them feel sexy" kept playing over and over in my head.