twenty two

"Noooooo..." I groan out as my bedroom light is turned on suddenly.

I can hear Pete laughing as he enters my room further and my eyes flutter open to see him standing above me.

"You can't make me go." I say stubbornly

"Mmm but I think I can." He says smirking

I flip him off and roll back onto my side and cover myself up in the comfort of my blankets. Pete stays quiet but I feel a dip on the other side of the bed and suddenly the blankets are ripped off of me.

My body shivered as the cold air of the air conditioning hits me.

"Mother fucker." I say hitting his shoulder with my eyes still closed.

"Cmon Shae it won't be that bad your only there for a fucking hour and then you can just go back to sleep if thats really what your heart desires."

I open my eyes and glare at Pete with all annoyance.

"It's bad enough that I have to go back to that shit hole but you really had to choose the fucking earliest time for me to go."

"Yup, now come on or your gonna be late and then Gretchen is gonna blame it all on me since I'm driving you."

Pete gets up off of the bed and begins to walk towards the door.

"You've got about 30 minutes."

He looks down to his phone which he held and then opened the door and left down the hallway leaving me in a more then fucking grumpy mood.

I curse under my breath as I drag myself out of bed and I shutter as my bare feet hit the cold hardwood floor.

Angrily, I trudge towards my dresser picking out whatever my eyes see first. I throw the items onto my bed behind me and just stand there for a second.

I couldn't even fathom going back to therapy. After the "incident" and then moving in with Pete and his family I felt that my mental health had been the best it had ever been. And the thought of going back to that hell made me want to crawl in a fucking hole and die.

I knew this day would be coming soon, yet it felt to soon. But in reality it had been months since I had last seen Gretchen and her bitchy face.

Taking a deep breath, I turn on my heel and over to the foot of my bed where I had thrown my clothes to.

I slowly strip off the clothes I wore to bed and put on the new ones. A pair of ripped baggy jeans, a cropped maroon t-shirt, and a oversized grey hoodie. What I wouldn't do without my oversized hoodies.

I pull the hood over my head and move my brown curly and might I say unruly hair, to fall over the front of my shoulders.

Walking back over to the dresser I grab a pair of simple white socks slipping them on, and then lacing up my black high top converse. Also another staple item of mine.

I sigh once again from anger and force my feet to walk to the bedroom door and trudge down the hallway and into the bathroom.

Flicking the light on, my eyes squint as they adjust to the sudden bright lights. Pulling the drawer open that held my toothbrush and toothpaste, I ran the brush under the sink ran the toothpaste tube along the bristles and began to (hopefully) whiten my teeth.

I stared into the mirror as I made sure to get every last tooth in my mouth, as I did so the bathroom door opened and Pete peeked his head inside and looked at me.

My eyes met his through the mirror and I bent down to spit the toothpaste out into the sink.

"Wow I really thought I was gonna have to drag you out of bed." He laughs