Stay Strong For Him

As Toshinori opened his eyes, still enveloped in sleep, he was met with the pitch blackness of his room. Letting out a sigh, he slowly sat up from his bed, grunting at the stiffness of his bones and, as usual, the pulsing of his wound.

"How long was I asleep for?" He muttered under his breath, rubbing his eyes as he shifted himself over to the edge of the bed. He stretched out his limbs, hearing the usual cracking of the bones before standing up. He then shuffled his way towards his windows, opening the curtains slightly to see the dark blue night sky that was slowly deepening for the night. He sighed, closing them and about to make his way back to his bed as his body still felt exhausted when he suddenly stopped in his track.

Beneath him, Toshinori could hear a couple of muffled voices of students and he immediately was hit with a sense of guilt.

He had been actively avoiding the class for a good three days now, afraid to confront them of the situation, and yet none of them had tried to get the information they needed straight from him. He turned to look at the clock on his desk, noting the time to be 7:05 in the evening.

He then took a deep breath before steeling himself. "I have to confront them..."

He couldn't hide from them anymore. He would have face and tell them eventually, so he had to do it now. It would be the first step for him to be strong. For Midoriya.

Toshinori inhaled and exhaled a few times, clenching his fists to his sides before eventually heading towards the door. He reached for the doorknob, hesitating for a bit before grabbing the knob and opening the door. The moment he did, he had to squint his eyes and raised an arm over them as he was suddenly met the bright corridor lights.

"That's what I get for staying in the dark for too long." He chastised himself. Once he adjusted to the change of light, he headed for the staircase, opting not to take the elevator. He slowly went down each stair, trying to figure out what he was going to say to the students, when he suddenly froze in place.

He felt his breath fall short, getting caught in his throat that he had to cough, causing a small amount of blood to escape which he quickly wiped away. Then, he hesitantly turned his head around, facing a door. The door that led into the second floor. Without thinking, he opened the door and entered the floor. It didn't take long until he reached the second door of the floor, the name plate on the side staring back at him.

Midoriya.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A couple of weeks ago...

The beeping sound of the elevator was heard, signalling the arrival of its destination. Soon, its doors opened, allowing Toshinori to walk out, entering the second floor of the student dorms. He was surprised and honestly ashamed that he hadn't visited the students outside of school hours ever since they moved into the dorms. They were his students after all and now that he was officially retired, they were his number one priority.

So, since he had now moved into the dorms himself, residing at the teacher space at the top floor, and with nothing else to do, he thought it was a good time as ever to check up on them, similar to introducing himself as the new neighbours.

He walked down the corridor, looking at the name plates to know which student resided at the particular floor. He walked up to the first door and felt a shiver down his spine as he read the name 'Mineta' on the name plate.

"I'll... check on him later." Toshinori mentally decided as he swiftly moved on to the next door. At that moment, the shivering feeling completely disappeared and replaced with a warmth of joy as he read the name plate.