Chapter 5

Mitch's POV

I woke up the next morning with the TV still on from last night. I realized I've fallen asleep on the couch from watching the movie.
I turned my head over to realize Scott was sleeping behind me.

"Oh shit " I said in a startled falling off the couch with the blanket still caught on me.

"Ugh " I said yanking the blanket off me.

I got off the floor and picked up the blanket and replaced it on Scott.
I was confused , worried and scared.
What even happened last night.

I knew I was sober and so was Scott,
I didn't understand why he slept behind me.

I paced between the living room and the kitchen deciding whether I should sit on the other side of the couch of Scott.
Alright Mitch you got this
I said to myself.

I decided to sit on the other side of the couch with the TV on. Scott was still asleep and it gave me a chance to think about what I would say to him when he woke up.

I grabbed the remote from the coffee table and switched through the channels to find one I liked.
I sat watching the show with my legs curled up to the side and my hand holding my head up.

The show was starting to get pretty interesting when I saw
Scott shift , I had a feeling he was waking up.

He tossed and turned and eventually woke up.
Scott lifted his head and starting sitting up.
I looked at him until he made eye contact with me.

" Hi" I said with my hand still holding my head up

"Morning " Scott said with a huge smile

I decided to get straight to the point with Scott.

"Um Scott care to explain last night?"

Scott was shocked and quickly ended up getting off the couch and walking to the kitchen.

"Yeah what about it ? " Scott said sounding fine with what happened

"Well ... You basically cuddled and slept with me on the couch ? " I said walking after him

"What were you thinking ? " I added

"I don't know" Scott said with a shrug

I walked behind Scott and grabbed his wrist to turn him around away from the fridge.

"Scott ... This is important you don't cuddle with your best friend. I mean is there something wrong ? " I said looking into his eyes trying to find something

"Nothing is wrong ... I don't know about last night . I just felt .... I don't know I can't explain it " Scott said walking away from the kitchen

Scott walked to his room and I tried catching up to him , calling out his name but it was too late and he closed the door behind him and locked it.

Scott's POV

I paced in my bedroom back and fourth not understanding what I was feeling. Mitch was my best friend and we've know each other for almost forever , but lately my feelings have been telling me he is more but my mind didn't want to believe it.
I sat on the end of my bed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Scott ? Can we talk ? " Mitch said on the other side of the door

I got off my bed and opened the door.
Mitch stood in front of me looking down with his arms crossed.

"Hey Mitchy " I said getting his attention

He looked up and made eye contact with me.

I needed to fix my mistake and stop running away from it... Was it even a mistake?

I took a deep breath and told Mitch what I was feeling.
" Listen I know a lot of things have been happening lately and I'm sorry for the way I'm acting I just ...I'm really confused with my feelings right now." I said moving closer to Mitch

" I think we need to talk about - " Mitch said moving closer to me closing the gap between us

I cut him off before he could get another word out and my lips ended up crashing into his without a second thought.
I backed Mitch against the wall in my room and kissed him for as long as I could.

In that moment I realized Mitch was kissing me back and suddenly all my worries were gone. My heart was beating fast and something felt right with kissing Mitch and feeling his lips against mine .... It was like the world stop around us and it was only Mitch and I in our own little world.