Chapter 26

Chapter 26

“Keep still!” hissed Molly, tugging a hairbrush through my hair.

“I’m trying!” I cried out in pain.

I was all dressed up in a light blue, ruffled skirt, a light blue cardigan and a white, elegant top, with dark blue gladiator sandals, and pearl earrings.

Molly was currently doing my hair. She claimed she was ‘almost done’. After a few more minutes, she said to open my eyes, and I did. She’d pinned back the front part of the hair behind my fringe with a pearl clasp, and curled it slightly. That was it? That was why I’d suffered half an hour of torture?

I now had ten minutes before I was supposed to meet Joe. I have to admit- I looked pretty good. However, the outfit Molly had picked out for me was not suitable for January weather, even though it was not that cold tonight.

“Now, your make-up.”

“No! Lip gloss is fine!” I protested, but she gave me a light coat of mascara and light pink blush as well as light pink lip-gloss anyway.

I looked like a doll. I didn’t look real.

“Molly!” I whined, but she lifted me out the chair and shoved a dark blue purse at me, with my phone, my iPod, my car keys and my money already in it. I slung it over my shoulder and hugged her before leaving the comfort of my room.

Darren was watching TV when I entered the dorm room, but he looked up when I passed him, and said I looked great. Then he asked where I was going, all dressed up.

“On a date with Joe.” I answered casually, like this sort of thing happened every day.

His smile widened. “Well have fun sweetie. You know, he really does like you. I’ve never seen him like this before.”

“Thanks, Darren. Have fun with Mike over here! Oh, and make Molly feel comfortable. She can sleep in my bed, I’ll be back later.” With that, I strolled out.

When I stepped out of the elevator, I searched the reception for my handsome boyfriend. There he was, looking as breathtaking as ever. My breath caught as we stared at each other across the room.

He was wearing dark blue jeans, dark blue shoes, a white shirt and a dark blue suit jacket. He looked so rich and classy I almost laughed. Slowly, we made our way towards each other.

“Taylor! You look…” he stared at me with a weird expression on his face.

“Ugly? Horrible? Distasteful?” I suggested.

“The complete opposite. Beautiful isn’t a good enough word!” he exclaimed, grinning. “You should really wear skirts more often, you know.”

“Aww, thank you! You look amazing too, so rich and classy!” we both laughed as we walked outside, hand in hand.

“So, your car or mine?” I asked him.

“Your choice.”

“Tough decision!”

“Fine.” He pulled out a coin. “Heads or tails?”

“Heads.”

“Okay, but if it’s tails, then we take my car, and you have to answer every question I ask you tonight with complete honestly, deal?”

“Deal. But, if it’s heads, then you have to keep your eyes on me, and not look at another female tonight.”

“You’re so gorgeous, I doubt I’ll be able to get my eyes off you!”