Oh I don't love you... -18-

Chapter 18

I was lifted off my feet, and put down again after being spun around. I giggled and hugged the person. It was Alec. His grey eyes gleamed in the moonlight, and I was captivated by them like a fireworks show (ok, I admit I didn't come up with that, it was a line off T.S's Sparks Fly). It seemed like the most magical moment in the world, us just gazing into each other's eyes. 

Of course, it had to be ruined. The door burst open and Cody leaned out, looking for something by craning his head. His dark eyes looked dangerous than ever as they rested on Alec and I, with our arms around each other.

“Okay, lovebirds. Are you going to enjoy the rest of the night, dancing, or are you just going to be all cuddly out here and make us all sick?” he snapped fiercely. Behind him, I heard Fiona say something.

I gasped and pulled away from Alec, scowling at Cody. “What is your problem in life?”

Cody simply glared at Alec, and then raised his finger threateningly. “Ever hurt her, and-…” suddenly, he was yanked back and I saw Shawn wrap his arm around his shoulders.

“What the hell, man? Leave them be, okay? Come on, let’s go back to the Dance.” with that, Shawn pulled Cody out (we stepped way back- he looked like he was going to kill someone) and tugged him back to the Dance.

Fiona ran out too, and glanced at me quickly. “Don’t mind Cody, his mood swings are worse than anyone else’s I’ve known. Have fun!” she hurried off after her boyfriend and the maniac.

There was an awkward silence. I shivered, missing the warmth of Alec’s arms. Swallowing nervously, I looked up at him and smiled shyly. He grinned back anxiously and straightened his jacket. I walked into the room and searched it for my black cardigan.

An arm held it out to me. I followed it to Joe…who was beaming broadly. I shot him a confused look, with thanks, and grabbed it sceptically.

“Okay, why are you grinning?” I finally asked him as we stood there for a minute. This was getting quite freaky…

“Oh, just-…” he was cut off by Brian, who was standing right behind me.

“He’s just happy it’s over now, Tay, that’s all.” he finished with a stern look to Joe. I nearly jumped out of my skin, because I hadn’t noticed him before!

I wheeled round to face him, breathing heavily. He laughed when I smacked him on the arm. Sighing, I slipped on my cardigan and rushed outside, where Alec was waiting. He held my hand as we strolled back to the Dance. I felt like a princess, and he was my knight in shining armour.

We entered the Hall, and they were playing Hey Stephen by T.S. I sang along quietly and pulled Alec to the dance floor. Somehow, we were pushed to the middle, and there was a ‘bubble’ around us. I forgot about everything else, and it was just Alec and I, dancing in time. Actually, it kind of failed because I couldn’t dance, so Alec just slid his arms round my waist, and I brought my hands up around his neck. He twirled us around, but we were just gazing at each other.

I couldn’t believe how lucky I was to have found him. I liked him so much. His grey eyes searched mine, and suddenly I felt something I wasn’t used to. I felt a tug at my heart, and I felt something much more than simply like.

We continued just dancing (or twirling on the spot) for a few more songs. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder, and when I turned round, I was face to face with Cody. He was glaring at Alec.

“Can I step in?” he asked no one in particular.

“Sure, Cody.” I grinned, and stepped away from Alec.