{𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 12}

"Maddison what makes you're smile so big tonight?" Mellisa asked her daughter with a smile Maddison confused at the kindness of her mother.

"Oh I just got an A- on my English creative writing easy." Maddison said to Mellisa who scoffed.

"A- huh what about math?" Mellisa asked completely disregarding the achievement of her daughter.

"Um I'm pretty sure I got a c+ math isn't my best." Maddison says making Mellisa scoff once again.

"Only a b- you need to start getting your mind out of Maddison's dream work and back to reality I can't have you getting a c+ in math." Mellisa said now standing closer to her daughter.

"I told you I'm struggling I'm trying my best." Maddison said looking up at her mother who was stood in front of her with her fragile thin arms crossed over her chest.

"I don't give two craps if your trying your best your best isn't good enough you know life isn't going to be Maddison's dream when you get older your going to get a real job get a nice husband and be a good wife isn't that the life you want? ." Mellisa said pointing at her daughter who's eyes began tearing up.

"But mom I don't want to grow up and be the perfect little wife to some man I'm also 11 I'm pretty sure my math grade when I'm 11 won't be very helpful in the future." Maddison snapped back to her mother.

"I raised you better than this you think you can be a little designer making your little designs well guess what you can't you don't have the talent for such a thing." Mellisa said shouting at her daughter who had a single tear streaming down her face while looking up at her mother.

"I'm going upstairs." Maddison said not having anything to say back to her mother since she was on the verge of tears bursting out of her puffy eyes.

"What did I tell you about crying Maddison it makes you weak don't be weak stop crying." Mellisa said to her daughter before turning away to walk back to the sofa while Maddison ran up the stairs in her hallway before laying on her bed and finally giving in and tears began streaming down her face.

Maddison always thought crying was a sign of weakness, a lack of strength so she tried avoiding it as much as possible but today her mother saying she wasn't good enough hurt. Maddison knew she may have been slacking in school but she always got good grades but it didn't please her mother nothing pleased her mother.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗡𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗗𝗮𝘆

Al washes a car in 6 minutes Fred washes the same car in 8 how long will it take Al and Fred to wash the car together." Feeny asked the class as Maddison tried to figure it out in her head.

"Piece of cake." Cory said clapping his hands while looking at Feeny.

"Think about Mr Matthews." Feeny said raising his hand as Maddison began falling into a world of her own trying to figure out the answer.

"I don't have to think about it Mr Feeny it's simple." Cory said pointing at Feeny who stood up straighter while behind his desk.

"It is anything but simple Mr Matthews." Feeny said to Cory who was convinced her was right.

"But I've got the answer." Cory said to Feeny who put both his hands on his own chair at his desk.

"I'm not interested in the answer." Feeny said looking at Cory who began straightening his back while sitting down with his notebook in front of him.

"Why not?" Cory said putting his hands out at his teacher who walked round to the front of his own desk.

"Because I'm more untreated in how you arrive at the answer and you couldn't possible have arrived at the correct answer so rapidly." Feeny said now walking up to Cory's desk as Cory just smirked before his face became serious.