Chapter 18: Clues and Rituals

They deciced to go check out out the room she had left through. It was a normal room, not out in the open, but not hidden or subtle. It was a small living room that Asgardian children played on, with a large balcony. Steve looked down the balcony, it was very high and if you fell off, so how did Jane survive the fall?

"Hey, Steve look at this!", Loki suddenly said, he was kneeling on the floor. A part of the floor was burned and it left a trail of ashes on the floor. "Holy Shit, what is that?", Captain America said and gasped. "We should get Bruce, he'll know more about what happened!"; Steve went down to get him while Loki stayed in the room. 

'Is this another clue? Did Jane do this? And she was glowing earlier, does she have some kind of power? What did Nathan do to her! What's happening?!', Loki thought, he felt like his head was going to explode. He felt confused, betrayed and he didn't know what to do next. "Oh my God, what happened here?", Bruce asked. After a bit of explainin, some analyzing, some frustrating arguments, they finally found out more. 

"Okay, so I think I might have a theory. You said she was glowing? Right? I think she was really really warm, hot, maybe even on fire. The burns on the floor come from off off her body like sparks. And I think that when she jumped off the balcony a ship was waiting for her because my  sma energy meter picked up an energy trail. She could of course have flown away in a suit like Tony's, but that's highly unlikely. I can try and follow the trail. I also didn't find her fingerprints anywhere even though the person said she wasn't wearing any gloves, but did touch the balcony. No one's been here since and I doubt she'd come back for her fingerprints. So, I went back to talk to them and they were sure she touched the balcony and wasn't wearing any gloves. She either magically lost her fingerprints or that wasn't Jane.", the scientist said. The worried look on the Prince's face made everyone stressed. Steve had gotten the others involved and they searched the castle to look for 'Jane'. 

"Loki?", he looked behind him, it was Darcy, "They told me you needed someone to talk to?", she said in her sweetest voice. He simply nodded. She sat next to him and  placed her hand on his shoulder. "It'll be okay-", "No, it won't!", the God interrupted. "I won't ever find her again and she'll be forced to stay with that imbecile...that cowardly traitor! She'll hate me! I'll dissapoint her! And he'll hurt her like he hurt my brother and like he'll hurt all of you! I wouldn't be able to live with myself if someone did that!", he cried onto the blonde's shoulder. She sweetly shushed him and caressed his back until he calmed down.

Meanwhile-------------->

"Tut, Tut, Tut! He still hasn't figured out where you are, I'm dissapointed yet happy because it means I'll be able to play with you a little bit longer. Maybe I overestimated him, but underestimated you. He doesn't seem in a hurry to find you, maybe he doesn't even care at all, ever thought about that? After all he didn't want to kiss you back now, did he? Nevermind that I guess, you deserve better, someone like me. How about you take a bath? It'll be refreshing!", Nathan grinned at the pale girl chained up infront of him. Her skin was heavily bruised and her hair was sticking to her forehead due to her sweat. She had cuts in her hands, arms, legs, and feet because of the countless times she had tried to escape, she just wouldn't give up. No succes thus far though. 

Nathan pulled her chains and dragged her behind him over the hard and rocky soil. Jane dreaded the bath, she didn't know what he meant by it, but it couldn't be good, he must have some evil plan. She also hated the way he said it, she had only been there a day, but it felt like an eternity, how long did he plan on keeping her there? She was already starving, sweating and hurting. She prayed Loki found her soon because otherwise...well...     He pulled her over the ground all the way to a building resembling a bit of a cave. They arrived in the middle of the room, there was a bathtub infront of them. It was cooler in the cave which Jane did like. "Well, in you go! Take of your clothes and take a bath, otherwise you'll stink and you wouldn't want that when Prince Charming saves you, now would you?", Nathan said looking at her frightened little face staring at him. She looked so fragile. She look at him then at the bath, "That's right, he's coming soon; Atleast if he loves you enough.".