Chapter 6: Pasta

In Asgard~

"My Queen, Loki has left Asgard. We've not been able to locate him yet. The only thing we know is that he left through the Bifrost.", Nathan said. The Lady turned around, furious slipped through her hands. "Prepare my horse!", she yelled, "We're paying a visit to the Gatekeeper, maybe he didn't notice the Bifrost was open.".

Midgard~

Jane was cooking some pasta for Dinner and had layed the table for two. She thought back to when he had said thank you. Had she, Jane Foster, had a moment with the God of Mishief? Already? She took a deep breath and yelled: "Loki! Dinner is ready!".

The prince was sitting with his back against the wall. 'Ugh, these clothes are so uncomfortable!', he thought annoyed by everything. The tiniest green sparkle left his fingertops, he was trying to do magic again, but failed. Over and over again, until a familiar voice called from downstairs. It was time for dinner. The Asgardian stumbled down the stairs and into the kitchen where Jane was waiting for him. They sat down and ate, it was a very delicious pasta with tomato sauce. The taste sunk into their mouths. Silence filled the room though and the only noises were the cars outside and the sound of the cuttlery against their plates. The scientist had a feeling it was always going to be like that while he lived with her unless she started a conversation. "So uh how are you? How are your hands?", she asked awkwardly, but polite. Loki's eyes flickered to her face before back to his plate and he answered with a tiring voice: "Fine. They're fine.", it wasn't quite the answer Jane had expected so a few minutes later she tried again: "Soo.....the weather is nice, isn't-", but she was quickly interrupted by the stubborn man infront of her. "Stop talking.". With a dissapointed look on her face she stood up, took the cooking pot and filled their plates with some more food which surprised Loki who then fell of his chair, causing Jane to want to help him up, but knocking his plate ofthe table; now filled with pasta. Wow that was a mouthful! The plate shattered and the food was all over the god. Poor Loki, the food was still hot! "I...", the woman started, but Loki's angry look stopped her. He angrily got up and yelled: "God, can you be more annoying than you already are? You're a mistake to this universe!", then he left to his room and slammed the door. 

Jane was left standing there with a biece of broken glass in her hand, her eyes filling with tears. While she cleaned the mess they made, Loki sat in his room with crossed arms. 'Geez I hate that woman, I really don't understand why my brother ever liked her!', he thought. He heard someone coming up the stairs and was very sure she had come to apologise, as she should! He heard the footsteps stop infront of his door and prepared himself for her apology however the footsteps walked away and a little note slipped under the door. Loki picked it up and read it:

'I'm really sorry for what happened at dinner! I should've asked if you wanted more food rather than just giving you. Again I'm sorry! If you want to wash yourself, the shower is downstairs on the left. If you don't know how to use it, I layed down some instructions. Please forgive me for the misunderstanding!'.

Loki sighed and walked downstairs for a quick shower. A couple of minutes later he was done and went back upstairs. However when he passed by Jane's room, Loki heard whimpering. 'Should I go in?', he wondered and he did. 

*knock knock*, a man voice asked to come in. Jane didn't answer, but the door opened slightly and the man came in. "Are you okay?", Loki asked, seating himself next to her with his back against the wall. She didn't say a word, she just looked at the floor with puffy eyes. Loki felt sorry for her and wondered if she was sad because of what he said...He decided to apologize: 

"Look, I'm sorry for what I said and usually don't apologize so you should feel honoured. The truth is I have short-temper, but I do not have the right to insult or question your ways since you've already done so much to help me.". Jane looked the Prince in the eye and gave him a weak smile. "That's all I had to hear.".

Meanwhile in another realm~

"I repeat, did you help Loki escape Asgard?", the dreading voice of Queen Sif asked. Nathan was holding the gatekeeper on his knees, hands in the air and head down. Heimdalls mouth remained firmly closed and he did not make a single sound. The young warrior poked his head with a knife and still the bright-eyed man did not try and move until he finally decided he had to speak up: "loki didn't kill his brother. He remained loyal and I brought him to the place his story takes place, he wanted to go there himself.". Nathan pulled the gatekeepers head up and forced him to look Sif in the eye. She bend down so that her face was only inches away from his. She smelled like flowers, but at the same time like blood. She opened her mouth and whispered into her ear: "Choose your side wisely or i'll ruin every last piece of joy in your life.". 

'Frigga warned me this would happen, but Sif is stubborn. There are many words to describe her. She's sweet yet merciless, insecure yet confident, sensible yet strong. I hope she realises her mistake soon.'. Sif narrowed her eyes and said: "No?". She felt sad, but she had no other choice. So as she walked out of the Bifrost she told Nathan: "Execute him.", and she walked off. The soldier grinned and behind her back Sif could hear a swish of a sword and a bonk of something heavy falling. 

Back to Midgard~

Loki laid awake in his bed, maybe because of the uncomfortable clothes? That too, but mainly because of Jane. She had accepted his apology even it wasn't enough and strange enough the illusionist felt uneasy, but again; it could be the clothes. Jane was uneasy too, her mouth was slightly open causing it to feel dry, her eyes were still a bit red and puffy.

*Flasback*,

"You'll never be more than just a nerdy girl that dreams too big!", the voice of a boy said. A girl that stood by his side laughed: "Yeah loser! Not even your own parents love you so why would anyone else?". Other teenagers came in and laughed at small nerdy girl in the middle, her name was Jane. "Oi failure!", "Nerd!", "Loser!", but worst of all was when Jane's mother saw what happened. She walked over unlike Jane's father, a wealthy and strict man who loved no more than his money. Jane's mother was way younger than him and absolutely stunning! Maybe because of all the surgeries...She loved expensive things such as clothes and jewellery unlike the 14-year old girl that preferred to dress simple. 

Present->

After that her mother joined the circle, she gestured for Jane to come and called her a mistake multiple times. Loki's words had cut deep. Every time the scientist thought back at her classmates bullying her and her own colleagues laughing at her ideas. Back then she worked at a different university than Erik Selvig. She was literally being bullied at work until Darcy came along who threatened to murder everyone that even dared to speak to me. Thye became a team and then best friends. Darcy had begged Jane to come with her and Ian to the Bahamas, but Jane refused; she had to work. So as I said;

Darcy wasn't here right now to protect the Scientist from the bully she was living with. 

-1385 

Hey fam, how are y'all? RIW (Rest in Walhalla) Heimdall! I have a very important question to ask you all, what do you think about Sif? Or rather what do you know about Sif? Is she the real bad guy in this story?

Shoutout: 

Love y'all! 

-Maud aka Pickle