9 - Avenged

Hello, my lovely readers...

Thank you for your votes and comments. I am thankful for the support you have been giving for my book. 

It feels so good to know that most of you are loving our cute version of Vansh. 

Proofreading not done and sorry for the grammatical errors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the Afternoon:

Dadi and Chanchal went to attend a party of some family friends while Anupriya stated she can't accompany them as she had her general medical check-up. Aryan was busy in the office with some meetings, Ishani was in her boutique and Siya was attending her online classes. Vansh kept pestering Riddhima to play video games with him and finally gave in to his whims Riddhima and Vansh started playing. Each and every time Riddhima tried hard but ended up losing and that earned a small squeal and joyous laugh from Vansh. After playing for some time and losing continuously, Riddhima asked Vansh to teach her how to play and win as well. Though Vansh felt happy with his winning spree in the starting but later he was not at all happy for two reasons. One, he didn't find any interest anymore as Riddhima wasn't able to give him a tough competition making him lose the fun, and two, he felt bad for his Riddhu as though she was trying hard, she couldn't get the hang of the game.

Van(sadly): Tum sad math hona Riddhu, hum roj khelenge aur main khud tumhe sikhaunga na. Phir dekhna ek din tum bhi jeet jaogi, par mujhse nahi. (excitedly) Kyunki mein best player hoon?

(sadly): [You don't feel bad Riddhu, we will play daily and I will teach you. Then even you will start winning but not from me (excitedly) because I am the best player.]

Riddhima completely involved in the game spoke.

Rid(nostalgic): Arey, main bhi best player hoon video games mein. Aur jab mein choti thi na tab humare orphanage mein bhi video games hote the par only weekends pe ek bar miltha tha aur mein best player thi uss waqt ka video games mein. Par yeh sare tho bohat alag hain.

(nostalgic): [Arey, even I am the best player in video games. During my childhood, we used to play video games in our orphanage but only on weekends and only for once. So even I used to play those games perfectly. But these games are very different.]

Van(excitedly): Purane wale bhi hain mere pass par patha nahi kaha pe hain.

(excitedly): [I have the old ones too, but I have no idea where they are kept.]

Rid(in the mood to show her talent): Kise pata hoga woh kaha par hain? Kyunki main ab tumhe dikhaungi Vansh ki main bhi kitni achi se khelti hoon.

(in the mood to show her talent): [Who will have an idea about them? Now even I will show you how best of a player I am.]

Riddhima was stubborn to show him and even she wanted to play it once as she felt the nostalgia of her childhood days hit her all at once. So Vansh and Riddhima called Dadi and asked her when Dadi informed her about the storeroom and asked her to take help from the house help as there are many memories in the storeroom and asked her to be careful.

Riddhima and Vansh moved along with the household help Mrs.Dsouza towards the storeroom without any clue of what was about to unfold. Moving into the room, they tried to switch the lights on but they weren't working, so Mrs.Dsouza lighted the candles and was searching while

Vansh was excitedly watching Mrs. Dsouza getting the game and Riddhima saw a cloth laid on a huge canvas so being curious she moved ahead and removed the cloth saw a huge portrait of a beautiful woman. Riddhima was mesmerized by the sheer beauty of the woman on the canvas in the candlelight. She was keenly observing each and every minute feature of the woman, the saree she wore and the accessories she was adorned with, each and everything. Suddenly her focus diverted towards Vansh who squealed on getting the games and Riddhima moved ahead fastly and being excited even Vansh turned to show off Riddhima his games when his eyes landed on the canvas behind Riddhima.