Chapter 68

Jungkook was already an expert at dealing with his mother. He first thought about setting up barriers, then he thought ways to protect Lisa behind him.

Nonetheless, Lisa was different.

While she preferred to do things the easy way, her tactic of "gaining the approval of the Jeon Family" was not meant to target any particular individual per se, but at the family as a whole.

Now that the outcome had been set, she decided to seize this opportunity and attempted to try her hardest to communicate with Mother Jeon. If she succeeded, Jungkook would no longer be stuck in this tough situation and everyone could be more at ease. if she failed, she would not suffer any substantial loss.

For all that, the one thing that did not cross her mind was whether this matter would cause her any harm.

Therefore, Lisa was caught off guard when Mother Jeon uttered such merciless words.

If people did not see eye-to-eye, then you could debate about it; misunderstandings and conflicts between one another could be dispelled, but if a person merely looked down on you and disliked you for who you are, then what can you do?

Though Lisa was willing to communicate with her to improve the situation, she would definitely not do anything to prove to her that "I'll be a match for Jungkook" or "I'm worthy of your liking," because from Lisa's perspective, her judgment and pretentiousness was not right.

Hence, after experiencing this sharp unexpected pain, Lisa merely bit her tongue and stopped responding. She decided not to refute as it would be pointless.

Upon seeing Lisa's hurt expression, the scornful look in Mother Jeon's eyes only deepened. She did not want to talk to Lisa anymore, so she turned and left.

Jungkook held the diamond ring in his hand, which he had painstakingly selected, but as he entered his house, he saw his mother with a ghastly pale face walk out of his room. She looked at him for a brief moment then returned to her room right away.

He was slightly stunned, and a few seconds later, he saw Lisa walking out too; furthermore, she looked quite off.

Jungkook immediately grabbed her, he stared at her and asked softly, "What happened?"

Lisa shook her head. "Leave me alone for a while, it's nothing huge, don't worry."

The two of them were already deeply connected after living together for such a long time. Whenever Lisa said that she wanted to be alone, Jungkook usually gave her space to deal with her emotions.

Because of this, Jungkook remained silent for a while, but he still eventually let go of her, after which Lisa went back into her room and shut the door.

His mother's door was shut tightly as well, whereas a lone maid was mopping the floor in the living room. Jungkook sat there for a while, but suddenly noticed the maid's expression. He stared at her, then called her to walk outside of the house with him.

Initially, the maid naturally refused to say anything since Jungkook was only home temporarily, while Mother Jeon was the one who called the shots at home. Nevertheless, how could she withstand interrogation from a criminal police captain, after pushing and urging her for some time, he managed to get a clear picture of what had happened.

At the moment, the night sky was looking perfect whereby a full moon hung clearly in the sky above his head. As Jungkook stood by the pond outside his house, he felt rather troubled, so he subconsciously reached into his pocket for a cigarette, yet he found a red date slice. He smiled faintly and ate the fruit slice, then he went inside the house.